Author Topic: Old intro  (Read 3265 times)

HawkThePirate

• Ranger
  • Wanted Dead or Alive for Crimes against Ciro Order
    • View Profile
Old intro
« on: May 04, 2014, 02:34:26 PM »
Hello, I'm new to Melolune and I just finished the demo. I am curious, can anyone, preferably Laura Shigihara, tell me the "campfire dialogue" of the second "Blue Star" demo? Thanks a lot!  :turtle:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 03:09:02 PM by HawkThePirate »
/i When greeted by a young man with blue eyes, you will remember why you came here../i
 ~ Some poor vagrant who makes a living off decrypting game data and informing Leebles of their darkest plot twists and most fated hours

P.S I had no room to put the THE in my other text.

HawkThePirate

• Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Old intro
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 09:44:28 PM »
What I mean is that, before the latest demo, you mentioned an old introduction that left Achaius's childhood pretty ambiguous multiple times, and one time I found a post from you saying that there was originally a campfire scene instead of the introduction with the Melolune and all that. If you can, I would really appreciate if you (Laura Shigihara) could post the dialogue in that old scene. I already found a slightly older version of the demo that was already called Melolune, but instead of young Achaius talking with sound, he was explaining Melolune in a slightly less clear way using dialogue boxes (if that's what they are called).
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 09:53:42 PM by HawkThePirate »
/i When greeted by a young man with blue eyes, you will remember why you came here../i
 ~ Some poor vagrant who makes a living off decrypting game data and informing Leebles of their darkest plot twists and most fated hours

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 12:56:28 AM »
Hello Hawk, really cool username B) I haven't played through Melolune in such a while, it was so nostalgic seeing your avatar pic and profile quote! To answer your question... I actually can't remember about the campfire scene; I'll have to go back and look through my old files because it's been so long. You are right though, the intro used to be quite different.

HawkThePirate

• Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 01:46:47 AM »
Thanks a lot for doing that! :D And, yes I also loved the character. Also, do you think you could sometime show us the original artwork for Sophie and that other character, since the final game will probably have 3-D animations?

P.S. Has anyone played what's essentially the current version of the game, but doesn't have Achaius talking? B)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 08:43:34 PM by HawkThePirate »

HawkThePirate

• Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 08:53:39 PM »
Hello, just wanted to clarify in case you didn't have the time to read my latest P.M. (I admit I've definitely sent you a lot of them, so I'll try to make more public posts and less P.M.s), there was, in fact, a campfire scene, but it was not the "old intro", that is the vs.0.1 and 0.2 intro. The place where you mentioned it was the now archived (and probably abandoned forever except for the demo download  :() leebleforest blog, in the 2008 archives, but this was actually before the first playable demo, and I've searched through the project, and you definitely won't find it in your old Melolune files (unless you have backups of older versions), so there's no need or point of looking for it. I just wanted to clarify since you asked where I read about the campfire scene.

If you already read my P.M. then oh, well..  :P