Author Topic: What's on your mind?  (Read 213745 times)

SebastianAurion

• Elite Citizen (Level 4)
  • How can text be personal if everyone can see it?
    • View Profile
Re: What's on your mind?
« Reply #3690 on: January 03, 2016, 09:40:06 AM »
So I've been trying to get and play the MegaMan Legends games.  The Misadventures of Tron Bonne has kinda seemed out of reach since it trends over $100 on eBay.

After pulling out my PSP and looking at the Playstation Store, I discovered the game was made available as a PS1 classic for $6 in the past year.

YYYEEEEESSS! 8DDD

This... actually makes me very happy! :D

So, this year's Games Done Quick has just now started. Games Done Quick is an organization that hosts a speedrunning marathon every first week or so of January. All donations received goes straight to the Prevent Cancer Foundation. They've been consistently raising over a million dollar these past new years, and they always break their donation records, so I'm really excited for this year. :D

https://gamesdonequick.com/
Something will be here. Eventually.

SuperRoo

• Shroom-Druid (Level 11)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: January 04, 2016, 07:52:29 PM »
I wish it wasn't a private video so I could share with all of you... since I am sure we could all use a giggle. Instead you will have to settle for my retelling. So, my friend's daughter went as the "Flatulence Fairy" for Halloween. Think fairy attire, but with a large bum that said "worlds largest source of natural gas" written across it. BUT (no pun intended), it gets even better! She rigged a fart machine so she could make fart sounds with her bum too!
Bring me a shrubbery!

small

• Swifthand
    • View Profile
    • A Quiver of Crows
« Reply #3692 on: January 05, 2016, 06:42:20 PM »
@Ben - wow! That's amazing. How long did that take you to do? Looks like a lot of time and patience due to the wood type, as you explained.

@Superroo - hahaha! And you're so natural with making fart noises, you could've accompanied her instead of that fart machine!
Developer and composer for A Quiver of Crows.

Ben

• Elite Citizen (Level 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: January 06, 2016, 02:18:52 PM »
@small: I think it took about 10h.
Look what I found at Barnes and Noble!  It lights up and plays the first 30 seconds of Zombies On Your Lawn!

small

• Swifthand
    • View Profile
    • A Quiver of Crows
« Reply #3694 on: January 08, 2016, 05:43:54 PM »
Planning a wedding is stressful. Then this video came along and made me laugh about how ridiculous it all is.

(Contains cussing)
! No longer available

We've done at least half of the things on the list. Hahaha! The save-the-dates one got to me because I thought exactly the same "there's a difference? whuuut".

(You guys might not understand until you try to plan your wedding.)

Reives

• Fisherleeble (Level 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: January 10, 2016, 11:43:38 PM »
Some years down the road, you guys should start planning one of those anniversary-second-weddings just to say "screw it" and elope instead. :thumbup:

small

• Swifthand
    • View Profile
    • A Quiver of Crows
« Reply #3696 on: January 11, 2016, 02:03:44 PM »
Some years down the road, you guys should start planning one of those anniversary-second-weddings just to say "screw it" and elope instead. :thumbup:

Hahaha! So we get to experience both sides of the coin, brililant!  :D

Omni

• Shield Guard
    • View Profile
    • Omni's DeviantArt
« Reply #3697 on: January 13, 2016, 11:04:50 PM »
Need a self-esteem boost?  Sign up for something that requires you to get at least one letter of recommendation.

(Something I've noticed based on a few things I've signed up for.)

Minecraft Server: Craft Pointe - Temporarily Down

SuperRoo

• View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: January 14, 2016, 08:36:06 AM »

Hahaha! So we get to experience both sides of the coin, brililant!  :D

Great idea! We kind of eloped, or at least we joke a bit about it. We didn't do all the traditional marriage stuff, we just got married in front of close family and friends, had a fun lunch after at our favorite pizza place, and called it good. No stress. :)
Bring me a shrubbery!

Strawfairy

• Herbal Medic
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3699 on: January 15, 2016, 11:17:30 AM »
I became brave yesterday and created a blog post about my PTSD and my past...

https://thestrawberryscribe.wordpress.com/2016/01/14/pokemon-friends-and-ptsd/

small

• Swifthand
    • View Profile
    • A Quiver of Crows
« Reply #3700 on: January 15, 2016, 06:33:15 PM »
Strawfairy  :hug:

You are very brave to open up like that. I know what you mean about the association to Pokemon leaving you with a bad feeling. I am happy to hear you're beating your first Pokemon game! You are an adult now, and it's nice to be able to fulfill your childhood goals!

SuperRoo

• View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: January 16, 2016, 07:04:43 PM »
 :hug: Very brave to open up like that Strawfairy. I really appreciated the last paragraph too, wise advice for all.
Bring me a shrubbery!

Strawfairy

• Herbal Medic
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3702 on: January 19, 2016, 08:03:53 PM »
Thanks!

Any game dev live in the SE? Because...

http://www.indiebitsfest.com

I'll be here!

SoHoInBrooklyn

• Shroom-Trainer Elite (Lvl 8)
  • Dancing the cabbage patch in thread form.
    • View Profile
    • 60.25's :3
« Reply #3703 on: January 19, 2016, 08:16:16 PM »
A bit late but I agree about the brave statements Strawfairy, and second the other comments.
Spoiler for snazzy sig in a spoiler:
snazzy sig

Omni

• Shield Guard
    • View Profile
    • Omni's DeviantArt
« Reply #3704 on: January 25, 2016, 06:34:00 PM »
Does anyone know any good websites to find out why a game is rated what it's rated?  I used to automatically assume that all M-rated games had content I wouldn't like, but I'm starting to get the impression that some games are given an 'M' rating for fairly arbitrary, non-objectionable reasons.  (For example, Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies is actually milder than it's T-rated predecessors IMO, and nobody knows why the rating changed.)  Also, I'm finding out that a lot of the best story elements are reserved for M-rated games, and if it'd be possible to get in on them without having to wade through actual objectionable content, I'd like to do so.  (Actually, best as I can tell, the story elements might be the only reason why some games get those ratings.)

The problem is, if I look up, say, Skyrim, most places just ask for my age, and then say that it's rated 'M' without giving too much detail.   I mean, I'd don't want excruciating detail, but just a good idea would be appreciated.

So yeah.  Any suggested websites?

Minecraft Server: Craft Pointe - Temporarily Down