Author Topic: **Healthy 2015**  (Read 8009 times)

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: **Healthy 2015**
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2015, 03:20:20 PM »
@Charybdizs: Wow, thank-you so much for sharing that story! I absolutely love hearing about that kind of stuff, it's so inspirational ^_^ I'm really big on the whole "make a change and follow through long enough that it sticks" deal, as well as being inspired by video game characters. What a great story!

Quote from: Portoro
So my question for everyone is: what are some healthy snacks that you guys like? We are trying to keep them as low carby (is that a word?) as possible and if they store well that's even better! (because we both are college students so being able to bring snacks to school is the best).

I really like almonds; they're tasty as well as being very low in carbohydrates (and have more protein than many other nuts, so they're great after a workout). I often pair them with some easy-to-eat fruit like Cuties (not sure if you guys have them; they're those tiny oranges that are really easy to peel) or blueberries or apple slices. If you want a snack that has virtually no calories but a lot of flavor, try roasted seasoned seaweed... I'm finding it in more regular grocery stores these days. It's crunchy and fun to eat, and the whole pack is like 15 calories.

SuperRoo

• Shroom-Druid (Level 11)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2015, 02:33:45 PM »

I really like almonds; they're tasty as well as being very low in carbohydrates (and have more protein than many other nuts, so they're great after a workout).

Word of warning, don't get the Lemmoncello Almonds at Costco... they are SOOOO yummy and so naughty! They are almonds covered in white chocolate with lemon cream. Best almonds in the world, but totally not healthy. ;)
Bring me a shrubbery!

TRUEfoe

• Shroom-Trainer (Level 7)
  • The 3rd Person
    • View Profile
    • TRUEfoe's Youtube
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2015, 12:24:39 PM »
Threads been quiet lately; you guys better not be slackin'!   :P 

TRUE's getting back into it!  Ran 3 miles with the lady friend just nyow.  We're going to be participating in a 5K Color Run together in a week.  Has anyone done any of those before?  More importantly, will TRUE's shoes get ruined?  haha.

kreyg

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2015, 09:06:48 PM »
Not slacking.  :)  I actually intensified activity a bit in the past couple of months.

I've been getting out for one 25-minute walk every day at least, I usually try for two.

I've been lifting weights a bit in the morning.  Doing pushups - and planks as well, harder than it looks.  :)

So far, I have lost about 10lbs, and feel quite a bit stronger, so I'm pleased!

leprous hare

• Elite Citizen (Level 4)
  • Leeble Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2015, 08:50:25 PM »
been eating a ton of pizza and fried foods recently, prob gonna die of a heart attack soon woot

TRUEfoe

• The 3rd Person
    • View Profile
    • TRUEfoe's Youtube
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2015, 03:11:31 PM »
TRUEfoe just ran a 5K Color Run over the weekend; it was an absolute blast!  It's crazy how motivated you can get when there's a huge crowd!

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2015, 03:53:52 PM »
Omg wow!! Congrats TRUEfoe and TRUEfoe's lady friend... that is awesome *\^_^/*

I have to ask... how does a Color Run work? Do people shoot you with paintball guns while you're running? Are there like, arches that rain paint that you run under as milestones?? It looks fun^^

TRUEfoe

• The 3rd Person
    • View Profile
    • TRUEfoe's Youtube
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2015, 04:32:40 PM »
So when you register for the Color Run, you get a small bag of color!  It's just corn starch mixed with food color.  You can buy additional packs too.  As you're running there'll be stations where people are waiting to throw a specific color at you as you pass by.  Would do it again!

pokusan

• Shroom-Guard Elite (Lvl 10)
  • I'm just a simple guy looking for a better world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2015, 06:04:49 PM »
Nice colors yo

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2015, 06:45:16 PM »
Would you say that you ran until you were... blue in the face... ohohoh~!!

(aw... now that I look, I don't even think there is blue paint on your face, my pun failed!!)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 12:09:45 AM by supershigi »

pokusan

• Shroom-Guard Elite (Lvl 10)
  • I'm just a simple guy looking for a better world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2015, 10:47:26 PM »
Laura...you are my hero.

Charybdizs

• Citizen (Level 2)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2015, 11:29:16 AM »
Yellow in the face!

TRUEfoe has liver problems I think.

SuperRoo

• Shroom-Druid (Level 11)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2015, 01:57:42 PM »
Way to go TRUEFoe and friend!

The husband and I have been working really hard to get our 10,000 steps in each day. We both have FitBit trackers and have been getting our goal for almost a month now. Sadly the scale isn't moving downward for either of us, which is strange since we upped our activity and not our food, but at least we are doing it together and getting more movement in our days. :)
Bring me a shrubbery!

WishfulThinker

• Shroom-Rider (Level 5)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2015, 10:19:03 PM »

The husband and I have been working really hard to get our 10,000 steps in each day. We both have FitBit trackers and have been getting our goal for almost a month now. Sadly the scale isn't moving downward for either of us, which is strange since we upped our activity and not our food, but at least we are doing it together and getting more movement in our days. :)

There was a flurry of news reports a couple of months ago about an article written by some health professionals that stated exercise doesn't help much with weight loss. http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2015/05/07/bjsports-2015-094911.full They clarify that exercise has plenty of other benefits, but when it comes to weight control, their advice seems to be to focus less on calorie counting and exercise and more on the types of calories that are consumed. There is still plenty of debate on the subject.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 11:12:06 PM by WishfulThinker »

WishfulThinker

• Shroom-Rider (Level 5)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2015, 03:22:03 PM »
I think exercising regularly this summer would be easier if I lived in one of the cooler than average regions: