Author Topic: "Leeble Game Jam" theme nominations!  (Read 3995 times)

PanSola

• Shroom-Rider (Level 5)
    • View Profile
Re: "Leeble Game Jam" theme nominations!
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2015, 06:01:18 PM »
Tadaima ^^

Arigatou gozaimasu, ore wa kore o Oboiteimasu, Shigi-sensei.

I hope that was remotely correct, since I learned almost only from watching Anime.

minor quip: why is the O in "Oboite" capitalized?

*runs away*

Squall83

• Herbal Medic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2015, 11:44:29 PM »
Shimata, that's a mistake I could've seen. Thanks!

Unnamed

• Shroom-Trainer (Level 7)
  • Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2015, 04:43:56 PM »
Goats!
Cats!
Goats and Cats!

I'd be interested in participating, but I can't promise anything for sure. If the deadline is short, I don't think I can do it, but if it's about a month, I'll probably try to make something. Note that Ludum Dare will also be in next month.
Is it OK to team up? And to team up with non-forum-members?

Squall83

• Herbal Medic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2015, 09:56:18 AM »
Goats!
Cats!
Goats and Cats!

I'd be interested in participating, but I can't promise anything for sure. If the deadline is short, I don't think I can do it, but if it's about a month, I'll probably try to make something. Note that Ludum Dare will also be in next month.
Is it OK to team up? And to team up with non-forum-members?

For teams in general, see here: http://www.supershigi.com/forums/index.php?topic=1179.msg27222#msg27222

I don't know about non-forum members, but I wouldn't mind, since I don't view this a competition.

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2015, 03:13:53 PM »
Okay everyone, got some important information for you all:

1.) The poll is now live!
I've narrowed down the nominations - you can vote here: http://www.supershigi.com/forums/index.php?topic=1184.0

You'll have until March 31st at 11:59pm PST (that's just 3 more days after today!!) to submit your vote. Please make sure to post what you voted for in the thread itself, and feel free to give reasons why.

2.) The jam will officially start on April 1st! 
The Leeble Game Jam will start April 1st and go until April 30th at 11:59pm PST. Rules and details will be posted on April 1st, so make sure to check back in the "Contests and Events" section for that.

4.) New and useful stuff:

Good advice about jamming from Alice

Leeble Academy - A place to ask questions, post information, and learn about all things related to game development!

IRC Chat - Throughout the jam, please feel free to use our IRC channel to chat! Ask questions, vent about a bug that's driving you nuts, share how excited you are that you got the menu working, or just support one another!

Dev Logs - Each person participating in the jam will be allowed to create their own dev log for their game. You can use this as your personal space to brainstorm, share what you're working on (screenshots, general ideas, code, etc.), and give us updates on how it's going! But remember... as I mentioned in this thread: ***the game itself should be your central focus! I've seen far too many examples on rpg maker forums where people spend exorbitant amounts of time making their thread look flashy and pretty, and they never finish anything. The thread is to help propel the game, not the other way around ^_^
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 09:28:53 PM by supershigi »

Ben

• Elite Citizen (Level 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2015, 04:09:52 PM »
I would like to participate

TP

• Trained Citizen (Level 3)
  • That Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2015, 05:02:22 PM »
Quick question ???: Would it be fine if I enlisted my girlfriend as an artist? (would be nice to do this as a partner project) :hug:
We live together so communication wouldn´t be a problem and shes currently applying for a Game Arts study so she could use the experience  :D
I´m back.

Crimmy

• Shroom-Trainer Elite (Lvl 8)
  • Tsitsimitl
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2015, 05:04:19 PM »
Welp, time to get familiarized with Stencyl then.

Also, won't be able to do a thing on the 18th because I have my first entrance exam for Digital Arts in Puebla. Other than that day, I'm going to try to breathe life into a couple of ideas I have.
With the clicking, came the ticking
Of the page that was no more.
Quoth the Server: "404".

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2015, 06:50:30 PM »
Quote from: TP
Quick question ???: Would it be fine if I enlisted my girlfriend as an artist? (would be nice to do this as a partner project) :hug:
We live together so communication wouldn´t be a problem and shes currently applying for a Game Arts study so she could use the experience

Sure, that's fine with me!

Quote from: Crimmy
Welp, time to get familiarized with Stencyl then.

Also, won't be able to do a thing on the 18th because I have my first entrance exam for Digital Arts in Puebla. Other than that day, I'm going to try to breathe life into a couple of ideas I have.

Woo hoo, awesome Crimmy! And no worries if you are busy on the 18th :)

YoruNoHikage

• Trained Citizen (Level 3)
  • Flying potatoes are the best!
    • View Profile
    • YoruNoHikage's Home
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2015, 03:20:06 AM »
That's great you were able to participate in GGJ! Do you have any advice about jamming for the folks here?

No problem. The GGJ, for people who doesn't know, is a 48h-game jam which takes place every year around the end of january. I took part in it 3 times.
Since this jam lasts one month, the process will not be the same but it can help. :)
First of all, you have to think about a theme, try to find a simple but efficient gameplay. Brainstorm a lot if you're in a team, don't go coding/drawing/composing/... first, you have to be clear about what you're going to make. It's important to explain you're game to people that is not in your team, see if they understand you and seem to be interested in your idea. Don't think you're losing time, it will save some for later ;). Start with a simple idea and the most basic features your game will have. And then you can imagine that awesome thing in the level 45 when you do that thing with the keyboard after completed the quest for grabbing 12 items you had by defeating during an entire hour the most horrible creature (it's just an example :D and don't take too much time thinking about things like that, you'll have time to do that later except if you're late :P ).
Then, you can code/draw/compose/... but make regular points with your team, to stay in sync with it. As I said above, start by making the most important (people doesn't care if the NPC you see 30 seconds in level 42 is beautiful if the main character is a blue square :D).
Just one last thing : show your game to people to get feedback !

There it is. :D

Good luck everyone and make awesome games !
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 03:22:27 AM by YoruNoHikage »

SoHoInBrooklyn

• Shroom-Trainer Elite (Lvl 8)
  • Dancing the cabbage patch in thread form.
    • View Profile
    • 60.25's :3
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2015, 01:08:17 PM »
Thanks to the other thread I noticed I'm not jammin' D:

(I should be)
Spoiler for snazzy sig in a spoiler:
snazzy sig

PanSola

• Shroom-Rider (Level 5)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2015, 06:19:51 PM »
The Leeble Game Jam will start April 1st and go until April 30th at midnight PST.

*does mental math*

Ok, so the game jam will end April 30th 11pm PDT.

*hides*
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 02:14:00 PM by PanSola »

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2015, 09:33:47 PM »
The Leeble Game Jam will start April 1st and go until April 30th at midnight PST.

*does mental math*

Ok, so the game jam will end May 1st 1am PDT.

*hides*

Bahaha good point :) *fixed*

And now sixty and PanSola have both been added to the jammin list :)

Charybdizs

• Citizen (Level 2)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2015, 09:58:49 PM »
Count me in! I'm excited about this, and I bet the different things we all make will tell a lot about us.

Strawfairy

• Herbal Medic
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2015, 11:20:01 PM »
I can't believe I never signed up. :(