Author Topic: Favourite Songs/Artists  (Read 578 times)

Tea

• Trained Citizen (Level 3)
    • View Profile
Favourite Songs/Artists
« on: April 05, 2015, 07:56:27 PM »
Hello~

I was just curious as to what everyone's favourite songs and artists are. I've been interested in Korean music for the past year or so, so I was wondering if anyone had the same interests as me. I'd also like to hear what other people have to say.  :)

Some songs that I truly love are:
Fate by Lee Sunhee
Growing by K. Will
I Choose to Love You by Hyorin
Please by Lee Sora
Time and Fallen Leaves & Melted by Akdong Musician
Blue by BIGBANG
Eternity by VIXX

There are so many more I love... These are just off the top of my head. Anyway, discuss below!

:tea:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 11:42:14 PM by Tea »

SoHoInBrooklyn

• Shroom-Trainer Elite (Lvl 8)
  • Dancing the cabbage patch in thread form.
    • View Profile
    • 60.25's :3
Re: Favourite Songs/Artists
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 01:54:32 AM »
I've never been genrelocked, so to me music I like is just music. So "Korean music" doesn't really appeal to me, but one artist/group that happens to be Korean/sing in Korean/is a kpop band/etc might appeal where others wouldn't.
Funny thing is I'll love a song today, but hate it tomorrow. And the song I thought was kinda worthless today, I'll love next week.

My 7 current favorite songs, just to match your number, are (in alphabetical order):
1) Be my Little Baby by the Ronnettes
2) c.o.t.d. by Coaltar of the Deepers
3) Black Wind Fire & Steel by Man-O-War
4) Juicy by the Notorious B.I.G.
5) Now I Wanna Be Your Dog (cover) by Uncle Tupelo
6) Seek and Destroy by the Stooges/Iggy Pop & the Stooges (depending on where you get it)
7) There is a Light That Never Goes Out by the Smiths.

So yeah I'm kinda all over the place. From the 80's indie pop britsound of the Smiths to the Japanese shoegazing Coaltar to the R&B classic Ronnettes to just about nearly anything in between.
Spoiler for snazzy sig in a spoiler:
snazzy sig

Tea

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 10:17:49 PM »
It's nice to see what kind of music everyone likes  :)
I like the way you think. Music is music.  ;)

Garumakiruma

• Shroom-Guard (Level 9)
  • Is that a chainsaw she's carrying?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 11:06:11 PM »
Hmm this quite tough to answer since most of my favorite music are from videogames  :D But I do have a few bands that I love and I mean really a FEW. My taste for music varies because I like listening to different genres but the most I listen to is Psychobilly.

Specifically the bands Creature Feature and Schoolyard Heroes  :D Please do check out their songs if you have some free time.

For videogame soundtracks my few favorites are from Silent Hill, Assassin's Creed, Shovel Knight and Killing Floor. The list will go on and on if I try to put them all here  :D

kreyg

• Shroom-Trainer (Level 7)
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 09:30:27 AM »
I like Black Sabbath and Metallica, and lots of other 80s metal.  And Laura Shigihara and Orange Caramel.  I'll leave you to puzzle that one out, because I have no idea.

Tea

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 09:45:29 AM »
Nice choices, kreyg. Haha
Metal and Orange Caramel are polar opposites  :D
Interesting.

pokusan

• Shroom-Guard Elite (Lvl 10)
  • I'm just a simple guy looking for a better world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 11:30:41 AM »
I like Black Sabbath and Metallica, and lots of other 80s metal.  And Laura Shigihara and Orange Caramel.  I'll leave you to puzzle that one out, because I have no idea.
^^ Classic kreyg. My music taste range is pretty ridiculous. My favorite band has always been Silverstein (Canada represent), but my music library is so erratic. I'm a big fan of Eurobeat, but there are so many artists, it's almost hard to keep up. I love instrumental music, whether that's of the classical sort or not. I'll just list the top 5 songs i've been listening to lately.

1. Silverstein - Masschusettes
2. Zedd - Find You
3. Laura Shigihara - Traces (i think my favorite of Laura's)
4. Eurofunk - Stop to Give Up
5. My American Heart - Moving On