Author Topic: (CANCELED) Spring Valley [TP´s Homemade Jam Thread]  (Read 2565 times)

TP

• Trained Citizen (Level 3)
  • That Guy
    • View Profile
Re: Spring Valley [TP´s Homemade Jam Thread]
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2015, 02:41:40 AM »
I have bad news, not that bad news and pretty good news...

I am not going to finish the game in time. In fact I´m not gonna finish it in its current form at all.
Some of you might have noticed my complete absence in the last week.
Real life hit me a little unexpected but in one of the best ways possible. I got offered a great Job which is amazing but required a lot of time, communication and paperwork...
(Also the game might have been a little too ambitious from the start  :P)

Now for the good news:
I am still planning on finishing a game till friday (a much smaller realisticly possible one ;))
I will rewrite my game in Java  (Maybe in C#) and bring it at least to the point I wanted it to be (This might take some months though)
I will stay with the community post my progress and not leave again, even though I might have a little less time than I have now...

So this is what has been going on for me the past 2 weeks I hope you understand and will at least enjoy my new little game  :D

Edit: First screenshot:
Spoiler for Hiden:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 12:33:40 PM by TP »
I´m back.

small

• Swifthand
    • View Profile
    • A Quiver of Crows
Re: Spring Valley [TP´s Homemade Jam Thread]
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2015, 02:34:36 PM »
Hey TP!

No on can predict the future! So it's very understandable that things happen. In your case, I'm very glad it's some good distraction.  :D

And it's good to set the future goals (writing it in a different language, posting progress, etc) but y'know, don't worry if you can't do it. Part of the reason this jam is a month long is that it's not a lot of time, and it's ok not to get attached to your game (unless you want to be attached).

Hopefully you had some fun with this project. I really enjoy your GIFs. =)
Developer and composer for A Quiver of Crows.