Author Topic: Springboard Garden, my "Spring" Leeble Game Jam entry!  (Read 923 times)

thegoofromspace

• Citizen (Level 2)
    • View Profile
Springboard Garden, my "Spring" Leeble Game Jam entry!
« on: April 30, 2015, 05:43:33 AM »
Okay! So!

This game is incomplete. Like very, very incomplete. It's just kind of been an awful month for productivity. Like... It's been a vacuumupwaterfromthelaundryroomTWICEplustwopeoplequitatworkandalsothecatsgotoutandthattookafewhourstohandleandoneofthedogshasbeenahugeproblemplusIlostawholeweekendtoawedding kinda month. So it's... Actually been mostly just an awful month all around, not just productivity-wise.

I guess the wedding was nice? I had ham cooked in pineapple juice! And chicken marsala the next day! Delicious.

Another nice thing: the game I cooked up is kinda fun in spite of everything.

It's a break-out clone with a twist: the blocks hide plants that will grow, and you have to click them when they're fully grown to beat the levels. I saw people talking about gardens as a "spring" thing around the board, so I went with that. Plus I like the name "springboard" for that Breakout board, so that fits too.

http://www.thegoofromspace.com/love2d/leeble.zip

Gonna warn you though, I couldn't get saving to work in the release build, and I've kinda given up on figuring out what's wrong with that for now. I might come back to it after work. I also might just put the .love file up instead if enough people out there have Love2D, since that should work. Saving works with test builds, just not the release .exe.

So you have to play straight though 'til it's done. Shouldn't really be a problem though, since it's so short. It's really more like a "proof-of-concept" than a game.

A couple things I don't mention in the game itself: Ctrl, Shift, Tab, the tilde key, annnd I think Caps Lock can all pause the game. Esc lets you exit a level.

Have fun! :thumbup:

Edit: fixed the link to go to leeble.zip instead of leeble.exe, to fit some stuff I needed to do. Thanks TP!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 01:24:44 PM by thegoofromspace »

thegoofromspace

• Citizen (Level 2)
    • View Profile
Re: Springboard Garden, my "Spring" Leeble Game Jam entry!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 05:46:52 AM »
Almost forgot! Here's a screenshot.

TP

• Trained Citizen (Level 3)
  • That Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 08:20:38 AM »
You need to include all the dlls from your löve installation together with the .exe in a folder or it wont run for people who do not have löve installed ;)

Edit:
Warning: This game is highly addictive I love it :D
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 08:25:29 AM by TP »
I´m back.

thegoofromspace

• Citizen (Level 2)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 01:03:01 PM »
You need to include all the dlls from your löve installation together with the .exe in a folder or it wont run for people who do not have löve installed ;)

Oh! I was in such a rush to finally put this up I didn't even notice that. Fixed!

Along with putting the license.txt in there; turns out I have to do that for legal reasons.

Thanks! :D

Come to think of it, I should make some kind of "survival mode," and I have a pretty good idea of how that'll work, so that's another thing to make in the coming weeks.

thegoofromspace

• Citizen (Level 2)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 02:40:32 AM »
Sooo I just found the leeble.dat file on my computer, but not in the folder I expected it to be in. So maybe it kinda works? The game's supposed to auto-save after you beat a level, so. Someone let me know how that goes I guess?