Author Topic: The 2015 Leeble Jam Games!!  (Read 4627 times)

Ben

• Elite Citizen (Level 4)
    • View Profile
Re: The 2015 Leeble Jam Games!!
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2015, 06:31:42 AM »
Great job everyone! Unfortunately I cant play most of the games as I don't have windows, but from reading other posts the all were great!

Charybdizs

• Citizen (Level 2)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2015, 09:32:41 AM »
Haha yes I know the auto exit is a bit harsh. It was like 2 minutes before I submitted it and I realized I had forgotten to set any circumstances when you lost them all, so I just did that in a rush.

Strawfairy

• Herbal Medic
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2015, 10:02:35 AM »
I hope my computer can run some of great-looking games! I bet everyone got 3 stars on mine. XD

Astragoth

• Tea Leeble
    • View Profile
    • Astra's Blog
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2015, 11:15:04 AM »
Here are my reviews for all the awesome Leeble Game Jam... games! ^_^ Awesome job guys! :D

@ Thegoofromspace - As a fan of the 'Paddle War' minigame back when I first played Commander Keen as a kid, to 'Shatter' a few years back, I LOVE these sort of games! ^_^ And your game does NOT disappoint! I will say this... it's hard haha! Once I failed about 10 times, after not reading correctly that I also had to CLICK the growing plants, it was a race to hit the ball AND click - I can do one but never the other XD Even after aiming the ball just right so it would move slower :D But just wanted to say you did one great job making this, I had loads of fun, even after losing so many times! ^_^  :thumbup:

@ Ben - Try as I might, I couldn't for the life of me get five plants in a row! HAHA I tried! ^_^ I first thought the plant would replicate when moved to another square, but after it copied it instead, I tried moving the plants to be next to others of the same type that spawned next. Even then I couldn't get 5 in a row HAHAHAHA! I did get 5 diagonally though! Even though I know that didn't count hehe XD Still, I loved the peaceful ambient sounds, and the flowers were really well animated! Great job Ben ^_^ :thumbup:

@ TP - This is one of those games where you don't have to think, and I love that hehe! First off, the music is so catchy and relaxing, the animations are well done :), and well the gameplay is pretty dang addictive haha! I haven't played PVZ in ages, but my habit in that, was to build a few columns of sunflowers, which is exactly what I did when I opened up your game TP ^_^ I have a few Tulips eating the snow, as well as some butterflies, and as I'm typing this, my sun is stockpiling so I can buy the REALLY expensive animals! Great job buddy! XD

@ Kreyg - Did this game really take you a month to make? Geez... how long did you spend on it? XD It's like a game that would take more than that, well done Craig! Ah... I don't even know where to start to be honest. I've watched Star Wars too many times to recognise the starting 'title crawl' when i see one :P, and after I had control (which took me a while to realise I had hehe), I was off! (quite literally like a rocket), as I was sprung (pun intended) into the air, only to catch seeds, and hopefully, fluffy white clouds. I died very early on HAHAHAHA, getting an abysmal 'high' score, but after having another go at it, I got to the crow! I didn't quite know what he was saying, but I didn't get to find out really, seeing as I died again HAHA! The extra sunbeam life animation (as all the animations in general were) a great touch, and the music was SOOO well done! The game over music made me laugh hahahaha, don't know why! ^_^

Anyway, great job Craig! And I still can't believe I played a game where I EARN stuff, not get stuff taken away! ^_^ I'm kidding! :D Well done for reals!  :balloon:

@ Melaniipon - Great work on your game Stephy, you did a great job making it! ^_^ While I was a bit confused on what to do after my character got lost from the group, I started picking up the markers, though it got to a point where no more would spawn, though luckily I did find the rabbit at the end and finished the level! ^_^ I hope it was ok too :) I personally love rabbits hehe :D You really did a great job also on the 'Spring' theme, but it was the 'Being lost' sub-theme that you really nailed... haha I indeed got VERY lost! :D Anyway, awesome job Stephy! And I had fun playing it even though I did get lost! XD

@ Charybdizs - I loved the concept your game took Chary, it was really well done! ^_^ I'm not going to lie to you, this game made me sad every time one of the little - as I liked to call them - 'tadpoles' died everytime he went into one of the bright suns / lights. I died a few times, but my last attempt got just ONE into the sunlight! ^_^ At least one made it... I got very happy when I got to the end and the cute little tadpole was safe hehe! Yeh I get emotional from silly little things like that, but its true :) Anyway, you did a wonderful job on your game Chary, great job! And I had a great time playing it!  :thumbup:

@ Unnamed - While I did have a bit of trouble getting up on certain platforms, and then getting killed by the awesome evil goat - great job on the goats by the way! - I did manage to collect a lot of eggs, and send my goat minions to defeat the angry evil goat :) Though my minions did have a bit of trouble getting to the boss, they did sacrifice their lives for me, the master goat hehe :) One of my minions didn't like me though, and ended up standing RIGHT next to the evil goat, telling it that it loved him and not me. What a bad minion hahahaha XD

You did a really great job making the game Unnamed, and it was fun having evil goat minions for a change, rather than say, robot minions, which seems to be the theme these days :P  :thumbup:

@ P. Yoshi - *stares at the main menu after finishing the game*..........what? NOOOO I want more please! I GOTS TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED! XD

Well Yoshi, you did one incredible bit of work on your game, I'm really impressed! Too many things to list here, but the maps, the trademark Yoshi style art, the different characters, and I LOVED how each character had its own 'personality voice tone' with it, I knew each character's traits by listening to those alone! :D The somewhat creepy, but really cool music, and one girl's attempt to make everyone happy and doing what she loved best :) Annie actually reminds me a LOT of my real life friend. She's always so upbeat and chirpy, always wanting to see the best in everything and everyone :)

Seriously though Yoshi, very well done! I had a lot of fun playing your game ^_^ The ONLY downside was that your game was too short hehe, but that's an UPSIDE TOO! ^_^  B) :thumbup:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 11:44:31 AM by Astragoth »

WishfulThinker

• Shroom-Rider (Level 5)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2015, 12:14:16 PM »
Great job everyone! I'm having fun trying all of these games. I'm sorry I didn't manage to get very far with my own game. The month just went bad right from the start and I had to bow out. I'm impressed by how much effort went into all of these!

thegoofromspace

• Citizen (Level 2)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2015, 09:27:52 PM »
THEGOOFROMSPACE - "Springboard Garden"
Couldn't get it to work, it just sits on the intro text and nothing seems to make it move.
Judging from the screenshots though, I love the simplistic style.

Hm! Could you tell me EXACTLY what happens when you click on the "1" at the intro screen? Like, ABSOLUTELY nothing happens? It doesn't even show a box around the 1, or it does but it doesn't go through when you click, or what?

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2015, 12:22:15 AM »
Uh oh! For some reason I can't download Stephy's game - it leads me to an error saying the file has been moved or deleted. Is there a new link I should use?

P. Yoshi

• Trained Citizen (Level 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2015, 12:35:05 AM »
THEGOOFROMSPACE - "Springboard Garden"
Couldn't get it to work, it just sits on the intro text and nothing seems to make it move.
Judging from the screenshots though, I love the simplistic style.

Hm! Could you tell me EXACTLY what happens when you click on the "1" at the intro screen? Like, ABSOLUTELY nothing happens? It doesn't even show a box around the 1, or it does but it doesn't go through when you click, or what?

Pokusan helped me play it, I didn't know you had to press the 1 button.

It's a fun little game, it's like breakout with a twist - and it requires a bit of coordination
to click on the flowers while still trying to keep the ball safe. I did encounter what I think is a bug,
though, sometimes I'll get to 19/20 and there's nothing left to do.

I said this earlier, but I think the aesthetic, while simple, is very charming.

small

• Swifthand
    • View Profile
    • A Quiver of Crows
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2015, 01:55:59 PM »
I have finally booted up on Windows side (woohoo sounds this week!), so I can start checking out the games!...after work XD

Good job y'all! Good job completing! Can't wait to check them out.  :D
Developer and composer for A Quiver of Crows.

YoruNoHikage

• Trained Citizen (Level 3)
  • Flying potatoes are the best!
    • View Profile
    • YoruNoHikage's Home
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2015, 02:07:23 PM »
@Melaniipon : 404 Not Found :'(

I think I'm gonna make a video soon, so everyone can see every game, could be cool, right ? :D
(And you will hear my bad accent, could be funny :P)

Strawfairy

• Herbal Medic
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2015, 04:20:43 PM »
Ah, so I became a dummy and deleted my game from Dropbox while organizing things and making space, totally forgetting that it was for a demo. XD

Here's a working link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p8npl9r4rzdf86p/The%20Sylvan%20Maid%20Astray.exe?dl=0

Laaauuuurrraaaaaaa! You should probably update the first post to include a link that works for me. :D

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2015, 10:52:21 PM »
Hi everyone! I just wanted to let you know that I'm nearly done playing all of the games! Once I finish I will post feedback here... but I'll just say that I'm enjoying myself tremendously ^_^

Unfortunately there were two games I couldn't open: "Springboard Garden" required a type of Windows I unfortunately don't have (so I might not be able to play this), and "Deep Ocean Lights" said that I needed to install a version of .NET Frameworks...

@Charybdizs: Do you know where I'd be able to get a version of .NET Frameworks that would work for Vista? I'd really like to try out this game ^_^

kreyg

• Shroom-Trainer (Level 7)
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2015, 11:53:25 AM »
@Charybdizs: Do you know where I'd be able to get a version of .NET Frameworks that would work for Vista? I'd really like to try out this game ^_^

This is the .NET Framework 4.5 redistributable - is that the version you need?  It should work on Vista.

thegoofromspace

• Citizen (Level 2)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2015, 03:07:33 PM »
Quote from: supershigi
... "Springboard Garden" required a type of Windows I unfortunately don't have (so I might not be able to play this), ...

Alrighty! I tried making a 32-bit version of the game; maybe that'll work?

http://www.thegoofromspace.com/love2d/leeble32.zip

Edit: changed ".exe" to ".zip". Woops!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 07:13:51 PM by thegoofromspace »

Charybdizs

• Citizen (Level 2)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2015, 08:46:42 PM »

I think the .NET framework is packaged by default on Vista computers, but nevertheless you may need a newer version. This looks like it, I think: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40773

Also, worth noting, several people have had trouble with my game crashing. I've isolated the problem to the audio, but don't have enough time worth spending on figuring out exactly why. Soooo, I have an updated audio version (try it first) and an audioless version in case it doesn't work for you.

w/ audio

w/o audio

And because it's totally worth linking, here's Shannon Mason's song that the audio version uses! https://soundcloud.com/pongball/deep-ocean-lights