Author Topic: The 2016th Annual Leeble Forest Secret Santa Event! ^_^ (Sign-up's are CLOSED!)  (Read 4493 times)

Astragoth

• Tea Leeble
    • View Profile
    • Astra's Blog
THE TWO-THOUSAND-AND-SIXTEENTH LEEBLE FOREST SECRET SANTA EVENT IS HERE YAY!!!!!!! ^_^

<|:) <|:) <|:) <|:)

"T'was a month before Christmas, and all through the Land,
Where Leebles and Humans, stood hand-in-hand.
They gathered around, and exchanged gifts of joy,
You could just hear that loud voice, exclaiming, "OH BOY!"

You see here at the Forest, as the year nears its end,
Where presents and toys, are being ready to send,
So I hope you all join us, for this Festive Event,
Don't worry, it's all good, it won't cost you a cent!"

<|:) <|:) <|:) <|:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone! Astragoth here, and I'll be taking on the Avatar of Leeble Santa this year!...... hold on a second..... *puts on my trusty Santa outfit, complete with a fluffy beard*..... there, that's more fitting for the festive season, wouldn't you say? ^_^

I'd like to all welcome you to the Two-Thousand-And-Sixteenth Secret Santa Event here in the Leeble Forest! :D

If this is your first time participating in our annual Secret Santa Event, WELCOME! ^_^ There are a few rules / guidelines to the Event that I would ask you to read first (which can be found further down the page), but if you meet all the criteria, please feel free to reply in this thread to sign up to the Event! :D

What's that, I hear you ask? What is Secret Santa? Of course, silly me! ^_^

Secret Santa is how we celebrate Christmas here in the Leeble Forest (aka the Supershigi Forums), and if you'd like to participate, please reply saying you're interested, and I'll add your name to the Sign-up List! :D

Once we get all the people that want to sign up for Secret Santa, come the end of November at Midnight, Sign-up's will close, and I'll then be putting everyone's names into a hat, and then drawing them out one by one...

I'll be sending a Private Message out to everyone seperately after that (so others won't know who they will be giving a gift to), with who their Secret Santa will be ^_^

After you get your PM from me, it will be up to you to decide on what sort of gift you'd like to make for your Secret Santa. It can be ANYTHING you'd like, from something simple like a card / gift card, to a Steam game gift, to even something you've made yourself!  <|:)

Also, if you'd like to send your Secret Santa a physical gift, please let me know via a Private Message, and I'll pass your message along to your Secret Santa and make sure it's ok with them first :)

For everyone that's participating in this year's Secret Santa Event, please let us know here in this thread what your interests / hobbies are, so the person sending you a gift can get an idea of what you like :)

Once you know who your Secret Santa will be, the deadline for sending in your gift / creation will be on the 20th of December at 11:59pm. Gifts can be sent to me (Astragoth) via my email address - astragoth04@gmail.com.

- If your gift is a Steam game, you can add me on Steam and give me the gift that way. My username is 'Astragoth4' (without the quotations). I'll work out the details with you on Steam if you decide to buy a Steam game for your Secret Santa :)

- If your gift is something physical you'd like to send to someone, it would be really cool to take a picture of what you're sending to that person. Or, and to make it more of a surprise and not ruin it, put the goodies in a bag and take a picture of the bag ^_^ If you send me an email with that picture, I can post it with everyone's gifts come Christmas Day :)

Just a few rules to keep in mind before signing up for Secret Santa, which are very important:

- Participants entering into the Supershigi Forum's 2016 Secret Santa Event must have a minimum of 20 posts.
- Please let us know while signing-up what your interests / hobbies are in this thread, so your Secret Santa knows what sort of a gift you'd like :)
- Have fun! ^_^ (MOST Important! :D)
- Let us know if you're ok with receiving a physical gift when you sign up :)
- Not really a rule, but you WON'T get the same Secret Santa as you did last year (for those who have participated in previous Secret Santa's), since it's good to keep it fresh and give a gift to someone you haven't given one too yet ^_^
- PLEASE only sign-up for this Event if you can participate and make a gift, since it would be unfair for someone that has signed up to miss out on receiving a gift. Thanks heaps! :)

Well, that's pretty much it! ^_^ If you have any other questions regarding the Secret Santa Event that I haven't covered above, please ask here, and I'll get back to you! :D

:santaleeble: :santaleeble: :santaleeble: :santaleeble:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People participating in the Two-Thousand-And-Sixteenth Leeble Forest's Secret Santa Event!:

Campnoodles
Nicktendowii
kreyg
TheFlyingMarlin
supershigi
TRUEfoe
YoruNoHikage
Kawaiidesu
SoHoInBrooklyn
bufkus
steviefazmantheslavboo
SuperRoo
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 05:26:19 PM by Astragoth »

Campnoodles

• Trained Citizen (Level 3)
  • I'll belive you, you dont have to tell me how
    • View Profile
I'm definitely interested! This is so exciting! I love doing things like this!

With love
   -Noodles

Astragoth

• Tea Leeble
    • View Profile
    • Astra's Blog
Added you to the Sign-up list Campnoodles! ^_^  <|:)

nicktendowii

• Shroom-Rider (Level 5)
  • Hello Nicktendowii here :)
    • View Profile
    • Nicktendowii's Youtube Channel!
Hey Astragoth, Sign me up :) looking forward to seeing what people make and give this year  <|:)

Incase anyone doesn't know, I love anything Nintendo or Vocaloid. I'm also making my own game so maybe something for that would be cool.

kreyg

• Shroom-Trainer (Level 7)
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
For sure, sign me up!  :D   <|:)

I'm a game developer, so I like lots of things game related.  I play World of Warcraft with the wonderful people from this forum, and I seem to be into Pokemon a lot at the moment.  :)  As far as music, I like a lot of things, but mostly METAL!  :D
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 10:25:46 PM by kreyg »

Astragoth

• Tea Leeble
    • View Profile
    • Astra's Blog
Nicktendowii and kreyg - your names have been added to the Sign-up List! YAY!!!! ^_^

Just a friendly reminder to everyone, please make sure you let us all know what your interests or hobbies are when you sign up here - that way, people will know what sort of things you like in case they get you as a Secret Santa ^_^

Thanks heaps, and really looking forward to the upcoming festivities hehe :D
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 10:19:46 PM by Astragoth »

Campnoodles

• I'll belive you, you dont have to tell me how
    • View Profile
I should probably add what my interests! :D I figure skate and I also love pokemon! I've never owned a DS but I played all of ruby and saphire over a shool year on my friends DS! I love cartoons, any of them including anime! I am curently watching "your lie in april' which is so freakin sad btw, I love food, If you live somewhere thats not the U.S.A An easy solution is to send me yummy food!

With love
   -Noodles

TheFlyingMarlin

• View Profile
Seeing that this is my twentieth post on this forum, I might as well sign up :P

EDIT: I might as well talk a little bit about my interests. Here's my "get to know your fellow forum members post": http://www.supershigi.com/forums/index.php?topic=265.msg30257#msg30257 You can find more of my interests in my post history. Other than that, here are a few of my interests:

Japanese language/culture/food (don't try sending me fresh sushi though :P ), Pokemon, making games in RMXP, music (classical and video game music are among my favorite genres), and memes.

My favorite TV shows are Futurama and How I Met Your Mother, and I like Ghibli movies. My favorite games are To the Moon and Undertale, but other games that I play a lot include Kerbal Space Program, Pokemon (especially Platinum), Minecraft, Team Fortress 2, and Pepsiman.

If you want to send me a gift in the mail or through Steam, that'd be fine, but don't feel like you have to :)

« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 12:27:56 PM by TheFlyingMarlin »

Astragoth

• Tea Leeble
    • View Profile
    • Astra's Blog
Added you Marlin! ^_^

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
Yay, thank-you for running this event Astra! Definitely sign me up ^_^ I'll post my interests later since I'm out right now, but I just wanted to post here :) I love Secret Santa time!!

TRUEfoe

• Shroom-Trainer (Level 7)
  • The 3rd Person
    • View Profile
    • TRUEfoe's Youtube
TRUEfoe's up for some secret action!  It's such a great time for the community and the Christmas spirit is so wonderful!
TRUEfoe loves playing Overwatch, collecting Disney Tsum Tsums, learning the complexities of Piano even though he's a beginner, Japan, and eating new things!

Virtual or physical presents are both fine!

Astragoth

• Tea Leeble
    • View Profile
    • Astra's Blog
@ Laura & Tan - Added you guys! YAY!!!!! ^_^ :D

YoruNoHikage

• Flying potatoes are the best!
    • View Profile
    • YoruNoHikage's Home
Me me me again, always fun to share with you guys :D

EDIT: So lazy this year, I'll just cite my last year's post :P

Quote from: YoruNoHikage
Well, my interests...
- Music ! (Pop / Punk / Rock, Chiptunes, Celtic, Laura's songs :D)
- Video Games ! (http://steamcommunity.com/id/yorunohikage/wishlist/ I really enjoy games with good story, not horror :( )
- Some crazy video and / or images, I'd love to see someone making puns like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWoQJ9I3x5o so funny :D
- Animes, but I don't have much to say about that :P

I'm okay with the physical gift thing (still in France though).

I'll just add that I like seeing how cultures are different (since I went to Japan :D)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 03:14:15 PM by YoruNoHikage »

Astragoth

• Tea Leeble
    • View Profile
    • Astra's Blog
Added you Yoru! ^_^

Thanks heaps for signing up everyone! :D  <|:)

Kawaiidesu

• View Profile
Sign me up :D. It's weird cause I was sure I signed up already. Regardless, I like most anime related things and video games. If you can get Astra to play a certain horror game, I'll take that as a gift too XD.