Author Topic: Girls in the Video Game Industry #1: Tammy Tsuyuki  (Read 1353 times)

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
Girls in the Video Game Industry #1: Tammy Tsuyuki
« on: February 06, 2011, 04:46:33 PM »
Girls in the Video Game Industry#1: Tammy Tsuyuki
Music Producer at Sony Playstation

If you've played Uncharted 2 and enjoyed its wonderful soundtrack, then you're already familiar with some of Tammy's contributions to the industry.  A member of Sony Playstation since 1999, Tammy works as a Music Producer to help coordinate soundtrack distribution and manage projects.  Besides organizing killer game soundtracks, she also works as a personal style consultant.

1.) Can you tell us a bit about your job?

I’m a Music Producer for Sony PlayStation. I handle coordination and distribution of our soundtracks. What that means is that I help pull together the production, artwork, marketing support, and schedules for our game soundtracks that are released on the PSN, in stores and on iTunes. I also work closely with the Music team as a project manager on our products helping to support the team with budgets, risk, and project tracking.

2.) How did you get into the video game industry?

My good friend actually submitted my resume for an opening position in the Audio Department. My first job was in 1999, I learned so much about the industry from the ground up. I was fortunate to witness the launch of the PS2, PSP, PS3, and the PSPgo and be part of that great experience of building a brand.

3.) What are some of your favorite games?

My favorite games are those that I can play with my daughter. Like LBP, can’t wait till the sequel hits the shelves soon. We also like playing SingStar, Buzz and LocoRoco.

4.) What were some of your favorite projects to work on and why?

I loved working on Uncharted 2 because Greg Edmonson is such a class act and the score was brilliant. Getting to witness how Amy Hennig worked and how her robust story line fused together with the music was phenomenal. When the awards started coming in for Uncharted 2 this past year, I was really proud to have been associated with that game.

5.) What are your thoughts on being a female in the video game industry?

I think that the game has changed a lot in the last ten years. I see women leading companies, driving innovation, and in greater leadership positions. I enjoy that as a younger industry, the rules were written a bit differently for us luckily. I think that we’re more open-minded than some more established ones and it’s worked in women’s favor. The women that I’ve met and known throughout the years are inspirational and supportive. I feel like as a woman in this industry, it would be something I would like to pay forward.