Author Topic: (De)composition of an interesting Undertale song  (Read 3078 times)

Omni

• Shield Guard
    • View Profile
    • Omni's DeviantArt
(De)composition of an interesting Undertale song
« on: November 22, 2016, 03:15:25 PM »
So my sister found an article on Video Game Music Academy - a site which, in of itself, seems to have a lot of interesting articles an video game music composition and techniques.  She found an article on one of the more interesting songs in Undertale and the techniques used in it.

I'd go into more detail, but I'm trying to avoid spoilers. XD  (I disagree with the author's assessment that the video shown has minor spoilers.)  However, at the same time, this really is a particularly interesting piece, and I think it's probably going to be worth a read, particularly to composers, and/or fans of music theory.

So, basically feel free to give it a read IF you don't care about spoilers for Undertale, or you've made it past-
Spoiler for Hiden:
True Pacifist.  Namely, if you get back to the castle after... taking a detour.  Where you don't just go from the fourth major boss to the castle.

The name/URL of the article itself gives an idea on what it's about, so... yeah. XD  You might be able to stay spoiler-light if you listen to the music clips without watching the video.  Up to you.

Another heads-up: the site is kind of glitchy, and the page only seems to fully work on Chrome.  (The music clips wouldn't load for me at all on FireFox.)

Minecraft Server: Craft Pointe - Temporarily Down

Lysaea

• Shroom-Rider (Level 5)
  • Chosen Seer of Lystania
    • View Profile
Re: (De)composition of an interesting Undertale song
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 09:08:26 PM »
I'm totally going to watch this article. After I get around to Undertale. Eventually. But it will totally happen!