Author Topic: Leeble Game Jam 2: Theme Nominations Now Open!!  (Read 2799 times)

Astragoth

• Tea Leeble
    • View Profile
    • Astra's Blog
Re: Leeble Game Jam 2: Theme Nominations Now Open!!
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2016, 01:39:48 AM »
I'd like to sign up if I could please Laura, thanks ^_^ And I'm gonna go with a 'Discovery' theme :D

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2016, 01:42:23 AM »
Thanks you guys! Astra, I made sure to add you to the OP :)

@PanSola: Are you gonna jam with us, Pan? Either way I added your theme to the list. And now I want a peanut butter sandwich, haha!

Ben

• Elite Citizen (Level 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2016, 08:09:43 AM »
Lol I like the peanut butter theme!

PanSola

• Shroom-Rider (Level 5)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2016, 01:54:13 PM »
Thanks you guys! Astra, I made sure to add you to the OP :)

@PanSola: Are you gonna jam with us, Pan? Either way I added your theme to the list. And now I want a peanut butter sandwich, haha!

Thanks.  I'll try and participate in the jam, but not sure if I'll actually have enough time to produce anything meaningful.

JuuNi

• Citizen (Level 2)
  • +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2016, 01:48:05 PM »
So willwe be voting for themes on this thread, or will there be a poll?
My daily post count just went up!!

SuperRoo

• Shroom-Druid (Level 11)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2016, 04:36:23 PM »
What about the theme of: hedgehogs! ;) LOL.

Do we have a link of things to use to make a game? I've never done one, but might want to give it a go. I tried to search, so I am sorry if there is one here and I just missed it. Shame Flash is dead, I used to know how to use that.
Bring me a shrubbery!

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2016, 06:25:40 PM »
Hi folks, the poll is now up!

http://www.supershigi.com/forums/index.php?topic=1352.0

Quote from: SuperRoo
Do we have a link of things to use to make a game? I've never done one, but might want to give it a go. I tried to search, so I am sorry if there is one here and I just missed it. Shame Flash is dead, I used to know how to use that.

Yay Roo~! Is there a particular type of game you'd like to try making? If you're interested in making a specific genre like an rpg, visual novel, or point-and-click, there are some engines out there specifically for that (RPG Maker, TyranoBuilder, Adventure Game Studio. If you're interested in making a platformer or metroidvania, I know a lot of folks like using Game Maker (especially for quickly coming up with a prototype).

Do folks have any other suggestions? I know there are a lot of engines out there, but I'm only personally familiar with rpg maker and Game Maker.

PanSola

• Shroom-Rider (Level 5)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2016, 12:46:54 AM »
I'm gonna try and make a game in Roblox Studios

TP

• Trained Citizen (Level 3)
  • That Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2016, 02:54:40 PM »
Least active forum member possible reporting for duty...  :(
Has it been over a year already?  o_o

I would love to make a game again. The theme suggestions look interesting (some pretty challenging aswell  ;) )
Haven't really programmed anything fun/not work-related this year so I might have gotten a little rusty but I'll give it a try.

Would also love to help out less experienced people in all things scripting/coding/programming.
 :idea: Maybe we could open help threads during the Jam (one for programming/scripting, one for graphics/animation and one for sound/music?)  :idea:

I´m back.

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2016, 06:15:20 PM »
^Whoa, hey TP!!! Long time no see! It's good to have you back, friend ^_^

Quote from: TP
I would love to make a game again. The theme suggestions look interesting (some pretty challenging aswell  ;) )
Haven't really programmed anything fun/not work-related this year so I might have gotten a little rusty but I'll give it a try.

I just saw this message now, but I'll make sure to get you added to the roster! Make sure to check back once we have the full Jam thread online (it'll have the theme and optional sub-theme, links to helpful resources, etc.)

Quote from: TP
Would also love to help out less experienced people in all things scripting/coding/programming.
 :idea: Maybe we could open help threads during the Jam (one for programming/scripting, one for graphics/animation and one for sound/music?)  :idea:

That would be wonderful! We have a lot of first-timers joining us for the jam, so your help would be greatly appreciated! I also love the idea of opening help threads for those topics during the jam!

Crimmy

• Shroom-Trainer Elite (Lvl 8)
  • Tsitsimitl
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2017, 09:48:23 AM »
I'm willing to help with art and anim, just how like TP is willing to help out with the script/code stuff
With the clicking, came the ticking
Of the page that was no more.
Quoth the Server: "404".

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2017, 10:47:00 PM »
Quote from: Crimmy
I'm willing to help with art and anim, just how like TP is willing to help out with the script/code stuff

That sounds great, Crimmy! I'm sure folks would really love that!