Author Topic: The Official 2016 Secret Santa Gift Thread! ^_^ MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! :D  (Read 1738 times)

Astragoth

• Tea Leeble
    • View Profile
    • Astra's Blog
:santaleeble: :santaleeble: :santaleeble: :santaleeble:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The townsfolk of Leeble Village gathered around the remains of last night's campfire, the atmosphere an excited and happy one ^_^

Today was Christmas Day, and every year, the townsfolk randomly gave a gift to another villager, in which they were all too happy to receive and get excited about, as they wondered what could possibly be under that bright wrapping paper :)

The Chief of Leeble Village stepped forward, and the whispers of excitement died down as they listened intently to another one of the Chief's famous stories.

He was a wise leader, who had led his people of Leeble Village, some say, for hundreds, perhaps even THOUSANDS of years - even though others thought that was utterly ridiculous! XD

Still, there was no questioning his stories, as they were some of the most amazing fables the townsfolk had ever heard. From the local lore of the Village, to tales from his many adventures as he travelled to faraway lands, the stories were always fresh and exciting, and he was not one to ever disappoint! ^_^

The whispered excitement was back now, as the Chief opened his mouth to speak, his voice conveying mystery and wisdom.

"My fellow Leebles, there is a place beyond this world, out there among the stars. The universe is infinite, it is true, but I speak of a world where there is danger at every turn. Dry, hot deserts, as far as the eye can see, where 2-legged creatures roam, forever entrapped within the body of giant mar-soup-ials. Where the tiniest of creatures are so deadly, the people of this land must turn their gaze away, 'lest they turn into giant chocolate eclairs!"

The Leebles gathered around the still smoldering campfire gasp as they hear this, some of them with open mouths staring dumbfoundly ahead, others questioning the Chief's validity of the tale told before them.

"How the people of this distant world", the Chief continued, "survive this harsh environment baffles me. But there is a great legend among them - of a man dressed in silly clothing, a pom-pom hat adorned atop his head, and a crazy laugh that rings out to all four corners of the land, as he delivers wonderful gifts to all before him, even, maybe, other worlds! ^_^"

Some of the Leebles now turn to each other, their voices expressing disappointment. What is this story, they ask? A crazy man with an equally crazy laugh, that delivers gifts to everyone in the universe? Preposterous! XD

As they question the Chief's story further, there is a VERY LOUD noise, coming from the sky! The Leebles all look up in alarm, to see a floating mar-soup-ial rocket fly through the sky, and, after a few minutes, it lands on the ground a few hundred meters away from the congregation.

The Leebles all stare at it with amazement.... the Chief's story is TRUE! ^_^

The Mar-soup-ial Rocket's door opens, and a ramp under the ship comes forward and angles down on to the Forest floor itself.

There's a figure in the doorway. He steps forward, walks down the ramp, and over to the crowd of half-stunned, half-surprised, and even another half-bewildered group of Leebles. The figure is wearing silly clothes and a large orange and blue pom-pom hat. The 2-legged man stops at the crowd, and suddenly throws back his head and emits an excitedly happy and hypo laugh ^_^ The laugh echoes across all the continents of Leeble Village, as the man greets each and every Leeble, presenting them with their own present, taken from the Kangaroo Rocket :)

And thus, the Legend of Santa Astra was born ^_^  <|:)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! ^_^ AND WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL 2016 SECRET SANTA GIFT THREAD!

Hey everyone, and a very MERRY CHRISTMAS to each and every one of you! ^_^ I hope you have / have had, an amazing day, filled with friends, family, awesomely yummy food, music, presents, and even MORE FOOD! (cause there's not enough food at Christmas time right? hehehe XD)

First off, before I say anything else, I wanted to thank everyone who participated in the Secret Santa Event this year for sending their gifts in :D And thank you for responding to each and every one of my PM's too (be it on the Forum, Twitter, Steam, or Skype :P)

I've been a part of this wonderful community for nearly 6 years now, and I'm honored and SO happy to of talked with so many equally wonderful people over the years, so thanks to EVERYONE, for making our Supershigi Forum an awesome place to hang out online! ^_^

Anyway, enough chatting - MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!, have an awesome day, and enjoy your presents hehe!  <|:)  :thumbup:  B)

THE OFFICIAL 2016 SECRET SANTA GIFTS! ^_^

To Campnoodles:
Spoiler for To Campnoodles from TRUEfoe:
Hiya Campnoodles!  TRUEfoe here with a special present for you.  It should be arriving very soon at the address you provided to Astragoth!  Here is a custom collection of treats that TRUEfoe grew up with and has discovered over the years from an assortment of cultures!  I hope that you'll find one that you really like too!  Have an absolutely amazing Christmas Cami!

Here's a picture of the contents along with a detailed description of each item for everyone else who's not Cami to gaze and salivate at (lol):
http://imgur.com/a/n4Cxe

A special shout out to Astragoth for organizing this wonderful event!  May your blades never dull.

To Nicktendowii:
Spoiler for To Nicktendowii from Bufkus:
Merry Christmas Nicktendowii! Bufkus has sent you a snail mail gift hehe ^_^ Here's a picture of the gift Bufkus has sent you :D And if you'd like, we'd love to know what you got too! ^_^

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjrtl9pz7su8txg/20161211_173813.jpg?dl=0

To Kreyg:
Spoiler for To Kreyg from Steviefazmantheslavboo:
Merry Christmas Craig! Stevie has sent me some Steam codes for some awesome games! :D Please PM me Craig to get the codes, and be sure to thank Stevie in return hehe ^_^

To TheFlyingMarlin:
Spoiler for To TheFlyingMarlin from supershigi:
Merry Christmas Marlin! ^_^ Laura has sent you a copy of the 'Shovel Knight' Soundtrack! :D (Please PM me - Astragoth - for details)

You can find more info on the Soundtrack here too!: https://virt.bandcamp.com/album/shovel-knight-original-soundtrack

And here's a Christmas message and picture from Laura as well ^_^

"Hello Marlin!

I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Some little elves told me a bit about your interests, so I thought I'd draw you a picture based on a few of them. I remember you like Hokkaido a lot, so the setting is the yearly Sapporo Yuki Matsuri (a snow festival where you can eat delicious food, see ice sculptures, lights, and many other things)... I decided to have Lucario eating some famous Santouka Hokkaido Ramen, while Bulbasaur is partaking in an onigiri. Toriel decided to stop by as well, she even made "butterscotch" dorayaki to share! Pikachu agreed to attend, but since it was too cold for the little electric mouse, he donned a Totoro costume that's keeping him nice and warm.

Since you like video game music, I thought I'd also gift you one of my favorite game soundtracks as of late, the OST for Shovel Knight composed by virt (Jake Kaufman). My favorite track is #13 ("An Underlying Problem")... It's all very catchy and melodic. I hope you enjoy!

Take care and have a Merry Christmas!
--secret santa shigi"

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah171/Astragoth04/04_zpsuc9zqfi0.jpg

To supershigi:
Spoiler for To supershigi from Kawaiidesu:
Merry Christmas Laura! ^_^ Kawaii has gifted you a copy of the Steam game 'Dead By Daylight', and a choice of either 3 pets, or one mount from the Blizzard Store.

Here's a little message from Kawaii as well :)

"Merry Christmas Laura, I hope you had a good year this year."

Please PM Kawaii for further details on how to obtain your Steam game and in-game WoW items, thanks Laura! ^_^

To TRUEfoe:
Spoiler for To TRUEfoe from Kreyg:
"Have a Merry Christmas and a rockin' new year!" - TRUEfoe ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHFF7x_PGYE

To YoruNoHikage:
Spoiler for To YoruNoHikage from TheFlyingMarlin:
Merry Christmas Yoru! ^_^ Marlin has a Steam game for you :D Please PM him for details on how to obtain your gift! ^_^

To Kawaiidesu:
Spoiler for To Kawaiidesu from YoruNoHikage:
"Here's Seasons After Fall for you, it's a really nice game, a bit short but really worth it and quite poetic! I hope you'll enjoy it!" - Yoru ^_^

Please PM Yoru for more info on how to receive your game, thanks Kawaii and Merry Christmas! :D  <|:)

To SoHoInBrooklyn:
Spoiler for To SoHoInBrooklyn from Nicktendowii:

To Bufkus:
Spoiler for To Bufkus from your Secret Santa :P:

Your mystery Secret Santa has sent you something special for Christmas Bufkus! Enjoy! (link below) ^_^  <|:)
BOO!

To Steviefazmantheslavboo:
Spoiler for To Steviefazmantheslavboo from SuperRoo:
Merry Christmas Stevie! ^_^ Aimee has a Steam gift for you! :D Please PM her for more details on how to receive your present! ^_^

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah171/Astragoth04/03_zps1soz4gym.jpg

To SuperRoo:
Spoiler for To SuperRoo from Campnoodles:
"Merry Christmas Aimee! Hope you're having a great one! Enjoy the gift card and buy yourself a good game! Have a merry Christmas!!! -Cami"

Cami has a Steam Gift for you Aimee! :D I will PM you shortly after this thread goes live with the Steam code too ^_^

Have a very Merry Christmas and a safe New Year everyone! ^_^ Enjoy your presents, and please take care of yourselves and your loved ones too during the Holiday Season! <3 *wave*  <|:)  :santaleeble:

Astragoth

• Tea Leeble
    • View Profile
    • Astra's Blog
I'll be online on the Forums, Steam & Skype to answer PM's, or if anything unexpected comes up too ^_^

kreyg

• Shroom-Trainer (Level 7)
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Awesome!  Thanks you Stevie!!  Hope you're having an awesome Christmas!

And thanks for organizing everything Astra! 

! No longer available

TRUEfoe

• Shroom-Trainer (Level 7)
  • The 3rd Person
    • View Profile
    • TRUEfoe's Youtube
Woot! Merry Christmas everyone. Thank you for rocking out for TRUEfoe, Craig! Those were some super sweet riffs man! I'm gonna come one day and steal your hands... That's how skills transfer right? ;)

Krystal

• Trained Citizen (Level 3)
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays!! ^_^ Oh my goodness these presents are all lovely :D I'll have to participate next year~

Lysaea

• Shroom-Rider (Level 5)
  • Chosen Seer of Lystania
    • View Profile
@TrueFOE - They're *very* nice hands!

pokusan

• Shroom-Guard Elite (Lvl 10)
  • I'm just a simple guy looking for a better world.
    • View Profile
Kreyg rocked my clothes off with his festive guitar ballad.

i may or may not be dancing on his roof.

SoHoInBrooklyn

• Shroom-Trainer Elite (Lvl 8)
  • Dancing the cabbage patch in thread form.
    • View Profile
    • 60.25's :3
Hey, Nicktendowii - haven't clicked on the images, so I can't say thanks - even though I know that I'm gonna! I saw it was a physical gift and wanna give myself the authentic surprise when opening the box lol. Looking very much forward to it!

Also apparently my gift to Bufkus is a broken URL so I'm gonna fix that when I can, sorry, later today (it's 4:32 am and I jus got in, I don't trust myself to uploads.)
Sorry Died, I'll get it fixed as soon as I can though.
Spoiler for snazzy sig in a spoiler:
snazzy sig

nicktendowii

• Shroom-Rider (Level 5)
  • Hello Nicktendowii here :)
    • View Profile
    • Nicktendowii's Youtube Channel!
Hey, Nicktendowii - haven't clicked on the images, so I can't say thanks - even though I know that I'm gonna! I saw it was a physical gift and wanna give myself the authentic surprise when opening the box lol. Looking very much forward to it!

Also apparently my gift to Bufkus is a broken URL so I'm gonna fix that when I can, sorry, later today (it's 4:32 am and I jus got in, I don't trust myself to uploads.)
Sorry Died, I'll get it fixed as soon as I can though.

Haha ok hope it turns up soon! I'm sure you'll like it :D

Kawaiidesu

• View Profile
Oh wow. I've actually seen the game on steam a couple of times and thought it would be interesting but never bought it. Thank YoruNoHikage.

YoruNoHikage

• Flying potatoes are the best!
    • View Profile
    • YoruNoHikage's Home
My gift is a "you will know later" gift hahaha. Thanks a lot! :D

Happy holidays to everyone and thanks a lot (again) Astra' for organizing everything (and writing all that stuff before the presents :p).

SoHoInBrooklyn

• View Profile
Okay sorry bout that guys, new URL & new ZIP (just in case, and i trimmed the size a bit) and double tested it~
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7tzbdgub0vldphw/secret%20santa%2016.zip
Happy Holidays you ol' bufkus you~

EDIT:
apparently i needed a triple check i sent it to someone and they claimed it worked but my connectivity errors didn't save the share option and they lied about it working so there's yet another edit lol
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 09:56:35 PM by SoHoInBrooklyn »
snazzy sig

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
Hello everyone and Merry Christmas! Ahhh, this was such a wonderful treat on Christmas day! I was smiling the whole time reading Astra's story, and looking through everyone's gifts!

@Kawaii: Omg, is this the game you made Astra play? I'm still cracking up when I think about his reaction in that video you posted! Poor guy, hahaha! And thank-you so much for the Wow gifts! I'm really excited about getting a new mount or some pets! I'll check the store and next time I log on I'll make sure to message you. I'm going to start playing Legion in March, though I can probably sign on before then! Thank-you very much and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

@kreyg and poku: Wahahah omg that video and poku's reaction XD I liked all the camera angles, and how you were rocking out/shredding in this nice, neat living room with Chinese paintings in the background. You're going to have to fix your roof.

@Astra: Thank-you for all your effort! I know it must've taken a lot of time and energy sending out those reminders, pinging folks to make sure they got their gifts to you in time, writing up that story, uploading everyone's gifts and making sure the thread was formatted correctly with all the right links... and doing all of this during the holidays no less! It was a really lovely event :)

SuperRoo

• Shroom-Druid (Level 11)
    • View Profile
This thread is so fun. Astra you ROCK as Leeble Santa.  <|:)
Bring me a shrubbery!

SoHoInBrooklyn

• View Profile
nicktendowii, I got the present on the last day of 2016, and it made the year go out with style! Best part of New Years Eve lol.
A+
snazzy sig