Author Topic: TRUEfoe's Rhythm & Blues  (Read 953 times)

TRUEfoe

• Shroom-Trainer (Level 7)
  • The 3rd Person
    • View Profile
    • TRUEfoe's Youtube
TRUEfoe's Rhythm & Blues
« on: March 18, 2011, 10:22:21 AM »
Hi there!  It's TRUEfoe.  Since he's not allowed to leave base due to recent events, he's been working on his musical hobby a lil bit.  He knows he doesn't have the best voice or anything, but he enjoys recording anyways.  The beats were made using FruityLoops and audio recorded on a Blue Snowball Microphone using Adobe Audition.  Please have a listen and let us know what you think.  ;)

A Perfect Vibe - TRUE's incomplete and semi catchy song about finding that person who you gravitate towards...
http://www.TRUEfoe.com/Tan_Van_Nguyen-a_Perfect_Vibe_Roughdraft.mp3

A Perfect Soulmate - TRUE's lyrics from 1998, finally recorded in his relaxed rapping voice...
http://www.TRUEfoe.com/Tan_Van_Nguyen-a_Perfect_Soulmate.mp3

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 10:56:14 AM by TRUEfoe »

Pat

• Mage Disciple
  • Little guy
    • View Profile
Re: TRUEfoe's Rhythm & Blues
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 11:31:50 AM »
Nice work!
I remember trying out FruityLoops before, but it seemed a bit strange to use, somehow.
I never forget. I just don't always remember.

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: TRUEfoe's Rhythm & Blues
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 05:53:44 PM »
I guess the silver lining of being stuck on base is that you get to work on creative stuff :)  I like your background music and beats, it reminds me of how hip hop/r&b was back in the early 2000s (which is a compliment because that was one of my favorite eras).  You've got good rhythm and flow in the rap track.  And I like how it's kind of easy going and laid back, it made me think of "Summertime in the LBC" for some reason :P

Thank-you for sharing these TRUEfoe!  I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 05:55:56 PM by supershigi »