Author Topic: The Officially Offical Festive Leeble Forest 2018 Secret Santa Event Sign Ups!  (Read 2606 times)

Astragoth

• Tea Leeble
    • View Profile
    • Astra's Blog
Here it is! The one, the only, the AWESOMELY AWESOME 2018'th LEEBLE FOREST SECRET SANTA EVENT OH YEAH!!!! <3

:santaleeble: <|:) <|:) <|:) <|:) <|:) <|:) <|:) <|:) :santaleeble:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's going on everyone? Staffie Santa Astra here! Man, 2018 is coming to a close so fast hey? Better roll up my festive sleeves and get this here Forest all lit up and decorated with trees, lights, tinsel, and.... what? Presents? OF COURSE hehe, that's what this Event is all about after all! ^_^

If this is your first time participating in our annual Secret Santa Event, WELCOME! ^_^ There are a few rules / guidelines to the Event that I would ask you to read first (which can be found further down the page), but if you meet all the criteria, please feel free to reply in this thread to sign up to the Event! :D

Not sure what Secret Santa is all about? Fear not, for I shall endeavour to explain below :)

Secret Santa is how we celebrate Christmas here in the Leeble Forest (aka the Supershigi Forums), so if you'd like to participate, please post a reply in this Forum Post saying you're interested, and I will add your name to the Sign-up List! :D

Once we get all the people that want to sign up for Secret Santa, come the end of the 28th of November at Midnight (PST/PDT), Sign-up's will close, and I'll then be putting everyone's names into my favourite hat, and drawing them out one by one...

After all the names have been drawn, I'll be sending a Private Forum (or a Direct Message if you have Discord) out to everyone seperately (so others won't know who they will be giving a gift to), with who their Secret Santa will be ^_^ It is very important you don't tell anyone who you got, so no telling others on Leeble Discord or anything, as that will spoil the surprise hehe! :)

After you get your PM from me, it will be up to you to decide on what sort of gift you'd like to make for your Secret Santa. It can be ANYTHING you'd like, from something simple like a card / gift card, to a Steam game gift, to even something you've made yourself! <|:)

Also, if you'd like to send your Secret Santa a physical gift, please let me know via a Private Message, and I'll pass your message along to your Secret Santa and make sure it's ok with them first :)

For everyone that's participating in this year's Secret Santa Event, please let us know here in this thread what your interests / hobbies are, so the person sending you a gift can get an idea of what you like :)

Once you know who your Secret Santa will be, the deadline for sending in your gift / creation will be on the 21st of December at 11:59pm. Gifts can be sent to me (Astragoth) via my email address - astragoth04@gmail.com.

- If your gift is a Steam game, you can add me on Steam and give me the gift that way. My username is 'Astragoth4' (without the quotations). I'll work out the details with you on Steam if you decide to buy a Steam game for your Secret Santa :)

- If your gift is something physical you'd like to send to someone, it would be really cool to take a picture of what you're sending to that person. Or, and to make it more of a surprise and not ruin it, put the goodies in a bag and take a picture of the bag ^_^ If you send me an email with that picture, I can post it with everyone's gifts come Christmas Day :)

Just a few rules to keep in mind before signing up for Secret Santa, which are very important:

- As a general rule, participants must have a minimum of 20 posts, or be active ("active" being at the discretion of the staff) on the Leeble Forest Discord.
- Please let us know while signing-up what your interests / hobbies are in this thread, so your Secret Santa knows what sort of a gift you'd like :) (VERY IMPORTANT!!!! ^_^)
- Have fun! ^_^ (Even MORE Important! :D)
- Let us know if you're ok with receiving a physical gift when you sign up :)
- Not really a rule, but you WON'T get the same Secret Santa as you did last year (for those who have participated in previous Secret Santa's), since it's good to keep it fresh and give a gift to someone you haven't given one too yet ^_^
- PLEASE only sign-up for this Event if you can participate and make a gift, since it would be unfair for someone that has signed up to miss out on receiving a gift. Thanks heaps! :)

Well, that's pretty much it! ^_^ If you have any other questions regarding the Secret Santa Event that I haven't covered above, please ask here, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! :D

REALLY looking forward to another awesome Secret Santa Event YESSSSS!!!! ^_^ :D

:santaleeble: :santaleeble: :santaleeble: :santaleeble:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leebles participating in the 2018 Leeble Forest Secret Santa Event! :

supershigi
TigerBlaze98
Orison the owlet
EN.I
Campnoodles
Average Potato
Jankmo-o
Jordi
kreyg
JuuNi
Akira
EL
TheFlyingMarlin
naska
sprout
steviefazmantheslavboo
Aidewen
SoHoInBrooklyn
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 05:43:14 PM by Astragoth »

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
Yay Astra! I'm so glad we're doing this event again this year, thanks so much for organizing! Definitely count me in :)

Hobbies/Interests:
I'd really appreciate anything, but to help give some ideas: I love anything related to tea, chocolate, fun snack things (especially if it's from a place I've never been to). Some of my favorite video games: Chrono Trigger, Yoshi's Island, the Megaman series, Starcraft, Animal Crossing, Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past/Link Between Worlds, etc. I collect miniature fake food (like the kind from Japanese convenience stores lol). And of course I love any Rakuen-related art! Hope this is helpful!

TigerBlaze98

• +1
    • View Profile
Hey Astra!

I'm down!

I like to draw, both traditional (watercolor and ink) and digital, digital for animating (I'm an animation student). Would be interested in more techniques in digital painting in Photoshop since I still feel like an amateur. I'm recently a fan of YouTube animators, particularly Jaiden Animations, SomeThingElseYT and Let Me Explain Studios.

That, and I enjoy games as well, my favorites are Ori and the Blind Forest, Okami and Hollow Knight.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 01:29:45 AM by TigerBlaze98 »

Orison the owlet

• Trained Citizen (Level 3)
  • Not Orison and his library
    • View Profile
Count me in!

To secret santa,
I recommend non-physical gift. I live in SEA (SouthEastAsia; not sea.)
I'm high school student who love story-based game, Game/Movie soundtrack, piano song w/strings, Kimi no nawa (Your name; A Japanese animated movie in 2016), Doki Doki Literature Club! (A free visual novel released in September 2017).
I'm also unpredictable noise maker, almost-former animator (I mainly made Minecraft animation/render), pixel artist (I guess).
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 07:00:12 PM by Orison the owlet »

EN.I

• Citizen (Level 2)
  • NTSC ~ 220V
    • View Profile
    • elsemieni.net
Hello!
Last time I'm not too much active mainly beacuse interesting stuff happens at >3 AM XD, but it's a good oportunity to give love since...
Spoiler for "If you belive in santa ignore this":
When you're an adult, you need to be Santa for make christmas alive :D

I will copypaste the past year stuff, since my tastes doesn't changed too much.
A gift? Can be litteraly anything. I love imagination in a broad way, so you can think in simple things like grettings in any meta-understandable format, or some any-flavour-ugly-arts (drawing-music-other-ones-- the intention that counts), or maybe little fantasy friends, or any digital/physical (ok with that) things, etc etc ... In fact, anything made/sent with love and good wishes will make me happy

Do you like more digital things? I'm doing lots of computer stuff/media developing; if you want to do something specialized in that. Interests? Retro computer/consoles stuff and error/glitchy screens. (I loved Pony Island (?) ). But if you want to proupose your style, I'm open-minded in tastes

Grettings!

Campnoodles

• I'll belive you, you dont have to tell me how
    • View Profile
Count me in too!  :P
Some of my interests include:
Tea Games(Some of my favorites are Rakuen and Firewatch and NITW) Stuffed animals, and literally everything else! Did I mention Tea? And also candddyyyyy. I got some world candy last year and it was sooooo good. Thanks again Astra!!! <3

With love
   -Noodles

Average Potato

• Citizen (Level 2)
  • Potato of Average Quality
    • View Profile
OooooOOOOOooooo yes secret Santa much yes.

I like sandbox games (minecraft, terraria, cities skylines, etc) I like cats, cats, cats and stuffed animals, and sweets. (And hot cocoa and cute things)

**UPDATE**
Physical gifts A-OK
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 06:09:22 PM by Average Potato »
Just an ordinary root vegetable passing through.

Jankmo-o

• Citizen (Level 2)
  • Video games suck
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
Sounds good Aussie goth man. This'll be my first time doing this.

I like:
RPGs (Pokémon, Paper Mario, etc.)
Twitch streaming
Difficult games (Super Meat Boy wink wink)
Speedrunning (also Super Meat Boy wink wink)
Music
Food
Programming
Art

I may be a bit iffy on physical gifts. I'll likely accept any genre of game except for FPS. Most of the titles I play are indies.

(Will probably update later)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 07:34:53 PM by Jankmo-o »
Gotta go fast

Jordi

• Wandering Bard
    • View Profile
    • Jordi's Website
Hii, please, sign me up. Last time I took part in Secret Santa here was four years ago!

So, I'm a musician so enjoy musical things. I'm a big fan of art too, and animations, and anything with love put into it!
I enjoy the Final Fantasy series a lot, Rakuen, To The Moon, anything fantasy... lore, history, mythology, medieval things! World culture. Cute things are cute too.

Pretty much happy with anything!

kreyg

• Shroom-Trainer (Level 7)
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
OK, I'm in!

I like music (metal!), and games, and game development, and Star Wars, and most traditionally nerdy things.

But I'm happy with any Christmas greeting in your particular style.  :)

JuuNi

• Citizen (Level 2)
  • +2
    • View Profile
I shall attend such function.

I am really easy, art, music stories, I enjoy anything and everything.

For those that don't know me I'm a Pixel Artist/3d Design guy. I enjoy open world games, like Bethesdas Fallout + Elder Scrolls. And I'm currently hosting the minecraft server for the Leeble Forest, which is really a  lot of fun, YOU should try it.  Yes I mean YOU!! We even have a Potatours for first timers!!

:3 what more can I say other then yes, I'm in!!
My daily post count just went up!!

Akira

• View Profile
Sign me up!

I like

VIDYA GAMES
MUSICS
VIDYA GAME MUSICS
SOFT THINGS
CANDY
JAPAN
JAPAN CANDY
JAPAN FOOD
JAPAN SNACKS
FOOD
LIL BUDZ
BOARD GAMES
NERDY THINGS
SPORTS
ESPORTS
FORTS
PORTS
BORTS

EL

• Citizen (Level 2)
    • View Profile
My name is: EL
I am: signing up to this event
I will: accept both physical and non-physical gifts
I like: Most Nintendo games (Legend of Zelda, Harvest Moon and Fire Emblem being some of my personal favourites), Studio Ghibli / Disney / Pixar, handwritten letters, hand-drawn pictures, film / game soundtracks, animated films (especially from the 1989-2000 era), unusual snacks / sweets

TheFlyingMarlin

• View Profile
Yo! I've done this a couple times in the past, so here I go again!

I like:

Video games (some of my favorites include To the Moon, Undertale, Ib, Rakuen, and Ori and the Blind Forest)
Formula 1 (although the season just ended, RIP :( )
Speedrunning (games I run include Pepsiman and Ori and the Blind Forest)
Languages/linguistics
Japan (particularly Hokkaido)
Other countries in general
Pokemon (especially the Sinnoh region)
Music
Several more things, I've mentioned some things in previous posts and on the Discord

Physical gifts are fine, btw.

naska

• Rakuen
  • (roll roll roll)
    • View Profile
Heya, sign me up. ;3

I liketh:

- Zelda series
- Minecrack
- surreal movies
- unique / original music and chiptunes
- unique / original art
- tea and coffee
- Moebius (the artist)
- interesting looking minerals (I collect palm sized crystals and minerals - the weirder the better)

physical gifts are ok! (whatever is easier) ;3
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 12:26:36 AM by naska »