Author Topic: The 2019 Annual Leeble Forest Secret Santa Event! (sign-ups now closed!)  (Read 929 times)

Astragoth

• Tea Leeble
    • View Profile
    • Astra's Blog
Welcome, one and all... (and Saitou-san!)... to the 2019th Secret Santa Event! ^_^ <3

:santaleeble: <|:) <|:) <|:) <|:) <|:) <|:) <|:) <|:) :santaleeble:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone! It's your community staffie, Santa Astra! Are you all ready for another festive season and celebration of all things happy? :D Well, you all better be, 'cause the Leeble Forest is lit up with rainbow lights, and you can just smell the fresh bakery treats from miles away, yum! <3 Of course, you can't forget the presents as well! And this is what the Secret Santa Event is all about! ^_^

If this is your first time participating in our annual Secret Santa Event, WELCOME! ^_^ There are a few rules / guidelines to the Event that I would ask you to read first (which can be found further down the page), but if you meet all the criteria, please feel free to reply in this thread to sign up to the Event! :D

Not sure what Secret Santa is all about? Fear not, for I shall endeavour to explain below :)

Secret Santa is how we celebrate Christmas here in the Leeble Forest (aka the Supershigi Forums), so if you'd like to participate, please post a reply in this Forum Post saying you're interested, and I will add your name to the Sign-up List! :D

Once we get all the people that want to sign up for Secret Santa, come the end of the 24th of November at Midnight (PST/PDT), Sign-up's will close, and I'll then be putting everyone's names into my favourite hat, and drawing them out one by one...

After all the names have been drawn, I'll be sending a Private Forum (or a Direct Message if you have Discord) out to everyone seperately (so others won't know who they will be giving a gift to), with who their Secret Santa will be ^_^ It is very important you don't tell anyone who you got, so no telling others on Leeble Discord or anything, as that will spoil the surprise hehe! :)

After you get your PM from me, it will be up to you to decide on what sort of gift you'd like to make for your Secret Santa. It can be ANYTHING you'd like, from something simple like a card / gift card, to a Steam game gift, to even something you've made yourself! <|:)

Also, if you'd like to send your Secret Santa a physical gift, please let me know via a Private Message, and I'll pass your message along to your Secret Santa and make sure it's ok with them first :)

For everyone that's participating in this year's Secret Santa Event, please let us know here in this thread what your interests / hobbies are, so the person sending you a gift can get an idea of what you like :)

Once you know who your Secret Santa will be, the deadline for sending in your gift / creation will be on the 20th of December at 11:59pm. Gifts can be sent to me (Astragoth) via my email address - astragoth04@gmail.com.

- If your gift is a Steam game, you can add me on Steam and give me the gift that way. My username is 'Astragoth4' (without the quotations). I'll work out the details with you on Steam if you decide to buy a Steam game for your Secret Santa :)

- If your gift is something physical you'd like to send to someone, it would be really cool to take a picture of what you're sending to that person. Or, and to make it more of a surprise and not ruin it, put the goodies in a bag and take a picture of the bag ^_^ If you send me an email with that picture, I can post it with everyone's gifts come Christmas Day :)

Just a few rules to keep in mind before signing up for Secret Santa, which are very important:

1. As a general rule, participants must have a minimum of 20 posts, or be active ("active" being at the discretion of the staff) on the Leeble Forest Discord.
2. Please let us know while signing-up what your interests / hobbies are in this thread, so your Secret Santa knows what sort of a gift you'd like :) (VERY IMPORTANT!!!! ^_^)
3. Have fun! ^_^ (Even MORE Important! :D)
4. Let us know if you're ok with receiving a physical gift when you sign up :)
5. Not really a rule, but you WON'T get the same Secret Santa as you did last year (for those who have participated in previous Secret Santa's), since it's good to keep it fresh and give a gift to someone you haven't given one too yet ^_^
6. PLEASE only sign-up for this Event if you can participate and make a gift, since it would be unfair for someone that has signed up to miss out on receiving a gift. Thanks heaps! :)

Well, that's pretty much it! ^_^ If you have any other questions regarding the Secret Santa Event that I haven't covered above, please ask here, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! :D

REALLY looking forward to another awesome Secret Santa Event YESSSSS!!!! ^_^ :D

:santaleeble: :santaleeble: :santaleeble: :santaleeble:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leebles participating in the 2019 Leeble Forest Secret Santa Event! :

kreyg
naska
DarthExo
Average Potato
supershigi
Custerdoge
EN.I
Campnoodles
Akira
Aidyn
sprout
Wackyflipper
BadAbbots
TheFlyingMarlin
Jordi
Lopar
LunarPenguin
EL
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 08:22:13 PM by Astragoth »

kreyg

• Shroom-Trainer (Level 7)
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: The 2019 Annual Leeble Forest Secret Santa Event! ^_^ <3
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 03:23:54 PM »
I'd like to sign up for the event!

My interests include, but are not limited to, computers, programming, games, music and movies. :)

Physical gifts are fine, but I'm happy with anything!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 01:19:37 AM by kreyg »

naska

• Rakuen
  • (roll roll roll)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 09:48:32 PM »
Sign me up! ;3

Hi, I'm Emmy - I did the character portraits + misc art for Rakuen! https://twitter.com/etoyonaga

My favorite game is Link To The Past. I also love Nier Automata and digging Death Stranding so far. I'm an anime fan as well and my favorite lately is probably Made In Abyss. (<3 Nanachi) Otherwise my go-to color to wear is red and black, love tea (black and oolong) + coffee and I like listening to game music. Favorite artist is Moebius. I'm also into weird plants and moss. XD

I am cool with me sending me a physical gift!

(edit: Laura, I have a marimo buddy now - but the more the merrier! XD)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 08:19:19 PM by naska »

DarthExo

• Citizen (Level 2)
  • A Malaysian guy who loves to do percussion stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 11:32:58 PM »
Sign me up too :D

Hello, I'm Alief a.k.a DarthExo - Full time music student at UiTM

My favorite instrument is the guitar, especially the acoustic one. Also I'm a vgm and soundtrack lover, especially the songs like Schala Theme, On The Other Side, Radical Dreamers and more.
My favorite books genre are about history and sci-fi. Photography is my finest leisure time if I got nothing to do. ;)

Physical gift are fine for me. So go on :)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 08:58:24 PM by DarthExo »
:music:
(Cinta akan selalu memberitahu bila perlu lari, bila harus berhenti)
[Love will always tell when it needs to run, when to stop]
Song : Terbanglah
Artist : Sekumpulan Orang Gila

Average Potato

• Citizen (Level 2)
  • Potato of Average Quality
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 11:46:43 PM »
I would love to join!!!!!
I really enjoy video games, favorites include Minecraft, Banjo-Kazooie and recently Luigi's Mansion 3.
I absolutely adore theme parks and roller coasters. And I am a total fan of pretty much all things Disney related, Especially Disneyland.
Favorite rides include "it's a small world", the Haunted Mansion, and the Enchanted Tiki Room.

Also cats. Yes cats. Physical gifts A-OK.
Just an ordinary root vegetable passing through.

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 01:01:40 AM »
I'd like to sign up ^^

I always love any art related to Rakuen or the stream! Besides that, I love tea, chocolate, miniature fake foods and Sumikko Gurashi. Some of my favorite games include Chrono Trigger, the Megaman series, Yoshi's Island, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Link to the Past, Starcraft, and a bunch of others.

@Astra: I'll DM you about the physical gift-stuff!

@naska: Do you have Marimo right now?

Custerdoge

• +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 02:41:40 AM »
Count me in!  <|:)

Tons of different interests. I guess the current ones would be Sayonara Wild Hearts, Rakuen, any of the Megaman or Final Fantasy series for games. Music, lots of music lol. :music: Watch too many movies, but really enjoy most of the Ghibli catalog; Mononoke is fave, then probably Ponyo and Spirited Away. @naska: +1 to Made in Abyss I love the show and soundtrack (been reading ahead in the manga too). Enjoy green tea/matcha. Little baked sweets/candies are also fun. Like to try new recipes to cook.

Physical gifts are fine, but I most enjoy gifts of time spent together. (one year for a birthday, my brother gave me a written voucher to do a movie marathon together <3)

I so excited for this event!!
Wherever you go, there you are - BB

EN.I

• Citizen (Level 2)
  • NTSC ~ 220V
    • View Profile
    • elsemieni.net
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2019, 06:37:47 AM »
Hello.
A tradition is a tradition. I'm in too this year! :)

Here's my tastes, taken from past years, now slightly adapted.

A gift? Can be litteraly anything. I love imagination in a broad way, so you can think in simple things like grettings in any meta-understandable format, or some any-flavour-ugly-arts (drawing-music-other-ones-- the intention that counts), or maybe little fantasy friends for/like Oko the Bear, or any digital/physical (ok with that, but as things here in Chile are a bit dizzy, this can last months to arrive, but at least I have patience ^^, just keep that on mind) things, etc etc ... In fact, anything made/sent with love and good wishes will make me happy! :D

Do you like more digital things? I'm doing lots of computer stuff/media developing; if you want to do something specialized in that. Interests? Retro computer/consoles stuff and error/glitchy screens, testcards, etc. Also I'm actively learning english (isn't my main language). Of course, if you want to proupose your style, I'm open-minded in tastes!

That's it. I will love to see everyone's ideas! :D

P.S.: Also Astra, I know you're Santa logistic department, but also sometimes you need some sort of gift....
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 06:57:02 AM by EN.I »

Campnoodles

• Trained Citizen (Level 3)
  • I'll belive you, you dont have to tell me how
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2019, 07:40:04 AM »
Wow! Its sure been a while since I've been on this forum. Well, for those of you that don't know, my name is Camille or Campnoodles. This is my 4th secret Santa. Some of my interests include Nintendo games, DND, Games in general, painting, and the likes. Im looking forward to the release of ACNH. I love tea as well, I would be so excited to receive a huge amount of tea, But like, Seasonal tea, some winter tea, peppermint, the likes! I love all of these things and look forward to delivering to my Secret santa!

With love
   -Noodles

Akira

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2019, 07:19:15 PM »
Howdy do! Sign me up!

I love:
- Video Games and Video game music, all sorts

Favorite Soundtracks (and video games) include but not limited to:
- Chrono Trigger / Chrono Cross
- Rakuen
- Nier Automata
- Hollow Knight
- Zelda Link to the past, and also, all of the zeldas
- Final Fantasy 6, and also, all the final fantasies
- Earthbound
- Super Mario RPG
- Megaman 2, 3, and all of them
- Katamari Damacy
- Secret of Mana
- Castlevania symphony of the night
- Ducktales NES
- There is just too many to list

- Nostalgia in the form of a lot of the stuff you might find in retro game stores and the like
- VR stuff, Steam games
- Fun silly things related to music or video games (like i have a little looper toy that is fun to play with)
- Cute things! Video game related plushies and stuff are super duper

Physical gifts are great, but either way is peachy!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 01:43:25 PM by Akira »

Aidyn

• +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2019, 02:34:14 AM »
Heya! :umbrella: I'd like to participate in the Secret Santa! I haven't participated in one of these in a few years, so this should be fun!

I've got plenty of different interests. My current big ones are freshwater aquariums and closed ecosystems. I've also taken an interest in house plants. I'm a beginner in all of these hobbies, but I'm hoping to continue expanding my knowledge on it all.

My favorite genre of music is indie/alternative, and a few of my favorite artists are Cavetown, Owl City, Mayday Parade, and Paramore. (Also Shigi of course :D) I write songs too from time to time, but it's been so long since I've completed a song or produced anything. I also play a variety of instruments, the main ones being piano, guitar, and ukulele.

I am okay with being sent a physical gift, just not live fish :P

sprout

• +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2019, 02:55:10 PM »
hiya astra, thx again for organizing this <3 sign me up~!!

some of my interests: graphic novels (brian k. vaughan's my fav writer), literature (ESP poetry collections! been reading jasmine kaur & fariha roisin recently & loving them), vegan sweets/snacks, puzzles & toys, board/card games - but if yr reading this as my secret santa, i'd honestly love something handmade~!! a little note, a drawing, a flower picked from yr home town.. potato was my gifter last year & his origami pieces are some of my most treasured gifts. they are so special to me & i still love them so so much.  i'll love anything tho, hehe <3

so excited to see who i get this year~!! happy gifting <3

Wackyflipper

• +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2019, 12:27:22 PM »
I'd love to join! :D I've never gotten the chance to participate in a Secret Santa Event

I don't believe I could take physical gifts..

I'm Wackyflipper, and as for my interests and hobbies, I enjoy drawing and animation, and I've been doing art for a long time now. I love video games such as Minecraft, Elsword, Kingdom Hearts, and Rakuen :3 I love any show or movie that is animated or a cartoon pretty much, I will take animated over live action almost any day. I am a crazy huge Disney nerd, and love to research Walt Disney World, along with all their animated movies. I am also a big anime fan, mainly in the sense of it as an artwork.

I'm super excited to join and can't wait to see who I get!

BadAbbots

• +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2019, 05:27:30 PM »
I'm in! Thanks Astra for putting this together.

My passions are video games (XCOM 2, Rise of the Tomb raider, League of Legends), I love music as well ( I'm a fan of the work of Joe Hishaishi, as well as  light rock indie groups), I'm a big art Fan as well of Magic the Gathering, I play a lot on arena but I also enjoy the physical card game quite a bits as well as I have a handful of EDH decks. Nothing is more meaningful than getting something someone drew/composed, crafted for me, for maximum UwU power. Here's a stash of some of my OCs and art people made for them and some embarrassingly aweful stuff I drew of them awhile ago https://sta.sh/2262a6u2xf94. I love getting to know people and spending time with people, so Something you love that you would like to share is an amazing idea, multiplayer games, movies nights, or something baked from a favorite recipe are all great gifts. And of Course anything Leeble Server or Rakuen related is instantly a win.

I'm open to have physical gifts sent to me.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 05:34:25 PM by BadAbbots »
If writers wrote as carelessly as some people talk, then adhasdh asdglaseuyt[bn[ pasdlgkhasdfasdf." - Lemony Snickett

TheFlyingMarlin

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2019, 12:15:32 AM »
As usual, I’ll definitely participate! Physical gifts are fine!

Here's a non-exhaustive list of my interests, it's mostly copied from last year but my interests haven't really changed :P

Video games (some of my favorites include To the Moon, the Shenmue series, Undertale, Ib, Rakuen, and Ori and the Blind Forest)
Formula 1
Speedrunning (games I run include Pepsiman and Ori and the Blind Forest)
Languages/linguistics
Japan (particularly Hokkaido)
Other countries in general
Pokemon (especially the Sinnoh region)
Music
Food/Cooking
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 10:36:13 PM by TheFlyingMarlin »