Author Topic: What will I do during the CoViD-19 pandemic.  (Read 1004 times)

DarthExo

• Citizen (Level 2)
  • A Malaysian guy who loves to do percussion stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
What will I do during the CoViD-19 pandemic.
« on: March 16, 2020, 12:51:59 PM »
What's up, fella leebs. Darth here and yep... It's 'bout what am I doin' during Perintah Kawalan Pergerakan or in English, Control Movement Order on CoViD-19

Spoiler for Hiden:
Maybe I'll start with the chronology of that order

March 16th, 10:00:00 p.m. (Malaysia Time)

Malaysia's PM, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin announced the Control Movement Order (Perintah Kawalan Pergerakan) to avoid the pandemic of Novel Coronavirus 2019 a.k.a. NCoViD-19

The order consist lot of precaution measure :

1. A comprehensive prohibition of mass movements and gatherings across the country including religious, sports, social and cultural activities. To enforce this prohibition, all houses of worship and business premises must be closed except supermarkets, public markets, grocery stores and convenience stores selling everyday necessities. Specifically for Muslims, the adjournment of all religious activities in mosques and mosques including Friday prayers is in line with the decision of the Special Muzakarah Committee meeting on March 15, 2020.

2. A total restriction on all Malaysians traveling abroad. For those who have just returned from overseas, they are required to undergo a health check and self quarantine for 14 days.

3. Restrictions on entry of all foreign tourists and visitors into the country.

4. Closing of all kindergartens, government and private schools including daily schools, boarding schools, international schools, tahfiz centers and other lower, middle education and pre-university institutions

5.Closing of all public and private higher education institutions and skills training institutes nationwide

6. The closure of all government and private premises except those involved in the country's essential services such as water, electricity, energy, telecommunications, postal, transportation, irrigation, oil, gas, fuel, lubricants, broadcasting, finance, banking, health, pharmacy, fire, prisons , ports, airports, security, defense, cleaning, retail and food supplies

That's all for the chronology. Just wanna say stay safe, fella leebs. :hug:

I'll post it about the journey of myself during the pandemic.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 03:54:59 AM by DarthExo »
:music:
(Cinta akan selalu memberitahu bila perlu lari, bila harus berhenti)
[Love will always tell when it needs to run, when to stop]
Song : Terbanglah
Artist : Sekumpulan Orang Gila

Unnamed

• Shroom-Trainer (Level 7)
  • Hello?
    • View Profile
Re: What am I doing during the CoViD-19 pandemic.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 06:15:16 PM »
Thanks for this thread!

I'm interested to see how other countries deal with the pandemic. The Hungarian government issued very similar orders to yours yesterday. (There are certain differences I don't bother to mention now.) Currently there are only 39 confirmed cases here, 2 recovered, 1 death. For now it seems ridiculously low, but it's very likely that there are many undiagnosed infections and the situation is about to explode now. We expect an exponential increase in cases in the near future. Borders are closed, only Hungarian citizens are allowed to enter the country (to allow them return home), even they need to go to quarantine if they're coming from an infected country. There are no restrictions about leaving the country (however, the target countries may have restrictions about letting you in). Schools are closed since Monday and we work from home (if possible). This was the first day with the new order.

In Italy, where the pandemic is at peak, people are prohibited from even leaving their homes, unless they have a good reason. They actually need to fill out a form where they indicate the reason why they go out. Police may stop them on their way to interrogate. Legit reasons are going to the grocery store or pharmacy, even then they have to stay on the shortest path – there is no wandering randomly! Those who don't comply get punishment. It's really not that far from here. Expect more and more restrictions as the wave of spread comes.

Here's a live map (data may be delayed a day or so):
https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

DarthExo

• Citizen (Level 2)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: What will I do during the CoViD-19 pandemic.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 08:15:02 AM »
  :towel: Darth's Journey : Co-ViD 19 pandemic.

Hiya guys, Darth here. I'm gonna begin my journey of Control Movement Order during Co-ViD 19 pandemic.

Spoiler for Hiden:
So it begins :

March 17th, 11:47:03 a.m. (Malaysia Time)

An announcement from our university's vice chacellor, Prof. Emeritus Datuk Ir Dr. Mohd Azraai bin Kassim that our university, Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM) forced to shut down due to Co-ViD 19.

~ All buildings around university were fully closed. All classes and blended learning were cancelled.

~ The middle semsester break was reschedule (continue from 1 to 12 of April) total = starting March 18th to April 12th (3 weeks)

~ All students must do a temporary clearance at hostel and must return to student's home starting March 17th to April 12th

Pictures : you can click at the attachments. (that was one day before the control movement)

« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 03:55:42 AM by DarthExo »

Unnamed

• Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 04:05:06 PM »
@ Hungary:

– Universities were closed last week. Students were ordered to move out from student hostels (they weren't happy about it). The buildings will be repurposed as quarantines for future COVID-19 suspects.
– Confirmed infections increased to 50. A large influx of new cases is expected in the following days.
– Romanian and Bulgarian citizens are temporarily allowed to pass through Hungary from Austria to Romania between March 17. 21:00 and March 18. 5:00 CET.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 04:25:01 PM by Unnamed »

Unnamed

• Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2020, 05:25:25 PM »
The entire European Union + Schengen Area closes its borders for non-EU citizens.

DarthExo

• Citizen (Level 2)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 02:08:59 AM »
 :towel: Darth's Journal : Co-ViD 19 pandemic (In the CMO)

Hello fellas, just wanna give some our activities routine from Day One (sorry 'cuz I forgot to post it)

Let's go.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Day One, March 18th, Around 12:30:29 p.m. (Malaysia Time)

This is the Day One of CMO (Control Movement Order) everything was shut down due to CoViD-19 but some stores open (such as supermarkets, groceries, fast food, clinics and more of essential services. But some of the citizens do not listen to orders from the PM. (some of them going outside, having a vacation during RMO) our citizen being too stubborn and don't want listen to the PM's order.

If they (the citizen) did the same way, PM will extend the RMO or he will change to LockDown/ State of Emergency to our country.

That's for the Day One. I'll continue the Day Two activity, tomorrow 'round 9pm PST (12 pm in Malaysia Time)

plus you can share your lockdown/RMO activity during Co-ViD-19

Stay safe, fella leebs. :D

DarthExo :umbrella:

p/s : I put the recent cases of Co-ViD-19 across Malaysia and around the world
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 03:56:27 AM by DarthExo »

Unnamed

• Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2020, 06:00:15 PM »
Thanks, DarthExo! What other consequences do you experience over there? For example, do you see any notable change in the mood of people? Are they worried? Did they start to hoard goods? Are there notable economic aspects, like travel industries having a hard time or stocks falling?

Lots of things happened here in the last two days!

@ Hungary:
– Diagnosed cases increased to 58 (+8) by yesterday and 73 (+15, including a child) by today. Note how it increased almost to the double in just three days!
– Romanian and Bulgarian citizens are allowed to pass through the country from Austria to Romania every day from 21:00 to 5:00 CET. (This in an extension of the order from March 17 which originally intended to be a one-time occasion.) People passing through must follow a defined transit path / humanitarian corridor and can only stop at defined points. They get an „ONLY FOR TRANSIT” sticker on their vehicles and are being tracked on their way, they can't just wander off in the country.
(https://hungarytoday.hu/coronavirus-hungary-border-corridor-romania-bulgaria/)
– The Hungarian Military takes control of 71 key strategic companies (related to infrastructure, medical supplies, telecommunication, banks, etc.). For now, they don't take over the command of these companies, but they can do it anytime if there is a need.
– Loan repayments are suspended until the end of 2020: people who have trouble paying back their bank loans due to these difficult times are not required to pay.
(https://index.hu/english/2020/03/18/coronavirus_hungary_extraordinary_measures_viktor_orban/)
– The national currency, Hungarian Forint (HUF) has reached its all time low (~360 HUF/EUR), but it was falling anyway, even before the virus.
– There is some temporary shortage of several goods because some hoarders are convinced this is the beginning of the Apocalypse and think it's a good idea to buy up all supplies of some specific products. This is unnecessary and detrimental to others as there is no shortage in food supply (neither it's expected in the future).
– Many citizens (ironically, mostly old people who are the most endangered by the disease) don't take the advice to stay at home seriously. They go out, crowd in front of shops or even band together like nothing's happening. Some students do the same.

@ Italy:
– Seems like no orders are stopping the spread of the virus. Despite Italians are not even allowed to leave their homes, the number of new cases per day are increasing.
– Today, Italy reported 5322 new infectees and 427 deaths. With this, they surpassed the cumulative death count of the entire Mainland China (3405 deaths compared to China's 3245).

@ Europe:
– Unsurprisingly, the Eurovision Song Contest, which would have been held in The Netherlands, is cancelled.

@ China:
– Hubei province (the starting point of the pandemic) has not registered any new local infectees today.
– All their new cases are imported (people detected positive while travelling there).
– 3 of China's new imported cases were Hungarians who were not detected/registered at home.
(https://twitter.com/globaltimesnews/status/1240476624392339456)

DarthExo

• Citizen (Level 2)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2020, 10:14:11 PM »
Thanks for the questions @Unnamed. Just went to supermarket, there's a lot of panic buyer at my place, food stocks emptied. They also being selfish. -_-  And yeah everything like stocks, industrials became not stonks

Plus in the supermarket, so crowded like an apocalypse. It stills in RMO but they act like they on the lockdown -_-

DarthExo

• Citizen (Level 2)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2020, 11:08:58 PM »
 :towel:  Darth's Journal : Co-ViD 19 pandemic (In the CMO)

Now it's time for next day,
Spoiler for Hiden:
Day Two, March 19th, 05:27:25 p.m. (Malaysia Time)

Recent case in my country due to Co-ViD-19 pandemic

Total cases : 900 people
Recovered : 75 people
Deaths : 2 people
Still active : 823 people

For this report, our citizen's attitude still the same since Day One and Two. Being selfish and doesn't listen to the CMO

Just a short one. The latest case I'll send tonight around 8pm (Malaysia Time) 5am (PST)

« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 10:03:15 AM by DarthExo »

Nikrul

• Shroom-Rider (Level 5)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2020, 04:00:17 AM »
Hi everyone, it's been a while since I posted here.

Here in Belgium we are in a state of half lockdown since wednesday 18 march.

We are ranked as the 12th country with the most cases with 2,257 cases today 462 new cases since yesterday 37 deaths 16 more than yesterdays but we are the smalest of these 12 countries...

-Most workers that can't work from home had to stop their jobs except or those within the food chain, those who work at hospitals, those who do deliveries and well too many exceptions if you ask me.
-Doctors can no longer receive anyone at all in their personal practice they do all they diagnostics by phone and deliver medical prescriptions and  absence notification by mail.
-We have a critical lack of medicinal supplies. P2 and P3 masks that are suposed to be changed between each treatment given to a patient in intensive care are on such shortage that medical personnel receive one per day instead (and that's only for intensive care, in the rest of the hospital it's one per week...)
-My girlfriend is kinesitherapist (she's actualy studying chinese traditional medicine to become an accupuncturist) and she may be called to work at the hospital soon since more and more of hour doctors, nurses and kinesitherapists are faling ill due to lack of proper masks and materials in general

I suppose it's more or less the same in other countries but our numbers are far from the reality since They do no test doctors anymore (because they tested them at first too many had to stop working because they were tested positive...) they do no test dead people to test from what they are dead either and they generaly do not test much because we just don't have enough of the testing materials.... A ton of people are sick but are not counted since not officialy tested and the number of untested death is also increasingly high...

Young people do not seem to realize the issue they keep on organizing bbq and parties at each other places...

There was such a rush in supermarket that the police had to intervene in some cases to separate people who were fighting over pasta or toilet paper (the two most sought product...)

Experts have said that we shoud start the peak of the epidemics in Belgium this weekend.

Personnaly I provide technical support for the VPN for some 12-15k federal worker of the ministry of finance so we are working crazily since the system was not meant to accept so many homeworker at once.

I'm very worried for my father who is a recovered pulmonary cancer patient :/

So yeah things don't look too good here.

DarthExo

• Citizen (Level 2)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2020, 05:24:49 AM »

Now for the today's report.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Day Three, March 20th, 07:20:25 p.m. (Malaysia Time)

Before I start the report, I begin the new cases of Co-ViD-19

New cases

Total cases : 1030 people
Recovered : 87 people
Deaths : 2 people
Still active : 943 people

Now, the report for today.

The govt' will bring out the military personnel to cooperate with police during CMO starting this Sunday, March 22th 12:01:00 a.m. Strict action will be taken against people who disobey and do not obey the order.

But not just it..

Some of the essential services (such as supermarkets, groceries, convenience store) will close from 7pm til 7am due to CMO.

That's all for Day Three. I'll check the report for tomorrow.
Stay safe and don't go outside :)

DarthExo
:umbrella:

DarthExo

• Citizen (Level 2)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2020, 05:22:07 PM »

Hello fella leebs.. Darth here and for today, I gotta go to hospital later to check if I got suspect of Co-ViD-19 'cuz I have an unknown symptoms in my body. I'll update everything after I went to hospital.

Stay safe
DarthExo

DarthExo

• Citizen (Level 2)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2020, 05:51:30 AM »

Hello fella leebs... Darth here just wanna the latest report cases of Co-ViD-19

Spoiler for Hiden:
Day 4, March 21th, 05:21:50 p.m. (Malaysia Time)

Total cases : 1183 people
Recovered : 95 people
Deaths : 9 people
Still active : 1085 people

Day 5, March 22th, 07:35:01 p.m. (Malaysia Time)

Total cases : 1306 people
Recovered : 139 people
Deaths : 10 people
Still active : 1157 people

That's all for yesterday and today's report. More updates later

Stay safe
DarthExo
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 09:49:18 AM by DarthExo »

Nikrul

• Shroom-Rider (Level 5)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2020, 02:45:26 AM »
A bit of an update here too

Firstly, some of you may already know that we have a strange political system in Belgium. Last time we changed gouvernment we broke the guiness book world record of the longest time without an acting gouvernement because after the election the different parties must make a coalition in order to achieve a certain amount of vote by adding those of the parties in the coalition. The parties have no time limit to do so and since the flemish extreme right is getting too many vote and nobody want them at the power the other parties get in endless discution.

Last time it took 541 days for them to find a coalition....

As of right now we are again in the same situation. The last gouvernement endend officialy the 29th of october 2019. Since then this previous government continue to officiate untill the new one is formed but with limited power of decision...

Since even the curent crisis was not able to force the parties to achieve a decision we started the covid19 situation with no governement in full exercise. They somehow recently managed to create a temporary emergency governement for 6 month... The extreme right Flemish parties are still trying to make all of this fail at the moment

That's to give you a rough idea of how absurd our situation is right now. And brace ourself because it just started.

In the last government Maggie De Block a former doctor (who I suspect is a slitheen  from Dr Who) was appointed to the ministry of health with the instructions of cuting the health budget as much as possible. She did it wonderfully, now there's no ill nor worker in health who does not hate her to the bones. Thanks to her we started the covid19 crisis with no stock of anything and no ways to produce what we need. Right now all hospital in Belgium are asking for private donations in order to buy new respirators...

Better, since the crisis started our dear Maggie who is still leading the ministry of health ordered a first batch of mask for the hospitals. The first batch was confiscated by a country in witch it transited for their own use (the country was not discosed at this point...) So she ordered a second batch... This second batch arrived here but it was not the proper masks... this former doctor actualy ordered masks made for CONSTRUCTION workers.... Recently a third batch finaly arrived and tadaaaaa there's mostly chirurgical mask and a pitifull amout of FFP2 masks (and no FFP3)

Since I posted 4 days ago we have 1486 new cases and 51 new death but thodays number are not yet available (so it's the numbers for 3 days) and we are still testing a verry small ammount of person.

The good news is that this week end the police started to give fines to everyone who was not respecting the lockdown and they gave a bunch so people are actualy starting to respect it more...

DarthExo

• Citizen (Level 2)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2020, 01:34:37 AM »
:towel:  Darth's Journal : Co-ViD 19 pandemic (In the MCO)

Hello and Greetings fella leebs. Darth here

It's been a while since I'm so busy during Movement Control Order, plus being a lazy bum xD. So here it is, I just skip to Day 14

So let's start..

Spoiler for Hiden:
Day 14, March 31th, 02:01:59 p.m. (Malaysia Time)

Our PM, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin announced the MCO extended from April 1 to April 14 due to case increased and some citizen doesn't aware about this situation. Also the PM announce the second phase of MCO (which is more controlled and tight security)

Plus there are few changes for the second phase of MCO are :

1. Groceries, and any convenience stores open at 8am and close at 7pm
2. Gas stations open at 6am and close at 10pm
3. Transport permanent station (such as bus terminal) starts at 6am and close at 10pm

That's all from me. Stay safe and #stayathome
Darth