Author Topic: Mafia: Round 3 Begins Today!  (Read 15897 times)

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia: Round 3 Begins Today!
« Reply #135 on: August 08, 2011, 11:29:39 PM »
The mafia sat huddled in the back room of the local tavern.  Concerned over the fact that they still hadn't identified the sheriff or doctor, and devastated by Replex's execution, they decided to plot their next course of action.

"At this rate, the sheriff is bound to identify one of us," one rather nervous mafia whispered.
"Not if we get them first!" responded another after taking a swig of root beer.
"But how will we get them?  They've eluded us for so long!  And if we're not careful, another one of us will be executed."

Just then, there came a knock at the door.

"The verdict is in!  Come to the town hall if you want to hear it!" yelled the voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone gathered at the townhall.  TP was quickly ushered to the front of the room.  He stood before everyone, anxiously awaiting the verdict.  Substance20 stood up to offer a quick announcement:

This week, everyone remembered to vote except for Pat and DocPao.  As per our new town rules, if you forget to vote, you will be kicked out of town!  But since Pat remembered to vote for the past two times, we've decided to pardon him.  Since DocPao has been inactive for the last two times it is in our best interest to kick him out of town... But we'd like to give him one more chance... We will send him a warning letter, and if he does not respond within the next week we will force him to leave town and a new resident will move into his house.  If you have been in contact with DocPao, please let him know what is going on before it is too late.

Now without further ado, here are the town's votes...

Spoiler for The verdict:
TP voted "not guilty"
Substance20 voted "guilty"
Davixus voted "guilty"
Piccolo voted "guilty"
Strawberry voted "guilty"
Hirei voted "guilty"
dan voted "not guilty"
Omni voted "guilty"
Astragoth voted "not guilty"

With 6 votes of "guilty," TP was executed.

Spoiler for But was he a mafia member?:
Sorry folks, but you just executed an innocent man.  TP was a townsperson.

10 players remain.  3 of them are mafia.  The sheriff and doctor are still alive.  Good luck everyone.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 11:36:17 PM by supershigi »

BradAric

• Shroom-Trainer (Level 7)
  • Supershigi's Resident Microsoft Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 09, 2011, 12:07:06 AM »
Wah wah =[

Better luck next time guys!

Welcome to our little ghost club, TP!

Pat

• Mage Disciple
  • Little guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 09, 2011, 12:09:13 AM »
I didn't "forget". I chose not to vote because none of the clues this week made any sense!
But, granted, I probably should have messaged at least saying I didn't want to vote.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 12:15:54 AM by Pat »
I never forget. I just don't always remember.

Astragoth

• Tea Leeble
    • View Profile
    • Astra's Blog
« Reply #138 on: August 09, 2011, 12:22:33 AM »
Thanks for playing TP, sorry you got voted out. Better luck next time... Hope you had fun though :D

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 09, 2011, 12:30:38 AM »
Just to clarify: You have to vote each week.  But you do have the option of PMing me "abstain" if you're unsure of whether or not you want to execute someone.  This is important because I need to know who is still participating in the game (because there are others who are waiting to replace inactive players), and the way people vote is a clue in and of itself... Remember, there won't be clues every week.  Especially if I think there's already enough information floating around. 

There are unsolved clues on the table, the townsfolk still have both their sheriff and doctor, all of the voting thus far has been public, and the thread has some underlying information as well... But if you aren't sure who you want to vote for, you still need to PM me a vote of "not guilty" or "abstain" so that I know you are active, and so that I can post this information publicly :) 

Quote from: Pat
I chose not to vote because none of the clues this week made any sense!
That's probably because there wasn't a clue this week from me^^ I don't post clues every week, I post them based on the information that's already floating around.  But don't worry, I knew you were still active :)  Just make sure to PM me this week because public voting is a key part of this game.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 12:36:15 AM by supershigi »

Pat

• Mage Disciple
  • Little guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2011, 12:32:50 AM »
Well, it shouldn't happen again, now I know. But it is an issue I have; in which I don't reply, which doesn't mean I haven't acknowledged something, and I don't forget to reply, either, I just...don't.

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 09, 2011, 12:42:10 AM »
It's cool, I understand ^_^

Peso255

• Ranger
  • Gamer, Traveller, Eater, Patron
    • View Profile
    • Peso
« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2011, 01:20:09 AM »
It would be cool to include a mini-story along with the verdict like last time, for effect..  :D

Blumpfino

• Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 09, 2011, 05:44:41 AM »
TP doesn't stand fo toilet paper it stands for TownsPerson.

TP

• Trained Citizen (Level 3)
  • That Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 09, 2011, 07:38:59 AM »
I told yooooooooo (ghost howl)

Good luck on finding the Mafia :)
I´m back.

Hirei

• Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2011, 10:56:52 AM »
Urk. Guess I was wrong. I'm sorry TP.

I didn't know we could abstain from voting either.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 10:59:17 AM by Hirei »
"Criticism is easy, art is difficult."

Substance20

• Shroom-Rider (Level 5)
  • Laca soldato sur la remparoj de la urbo Dio.
    • View Profile
    • S20-TBL's deviantArt page
« Reply #146 on: August 09, 2011, 12:34:35 PM »
D'oh. I knew I should have gone with my gut feeling. Gets me everytime. >_<

Sorry, TP. T_T
"In the fairy tales the cosmos goes mad; but the hero does not go mad. In the modern novels the hero is mad before the book begins, and suffers from the harsh steadiness and cruel sanity of the cosmos." -- G. K. Chesterton

Papilio Alpha now on sale!

Pat

• Mage Disciple
  • Little guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 09, 2011, 12:37:39 PM »
Congratulations to me for not voting. Shame on you all! XD
Shaaame!
I kid, of course. Well, it happens. It's part of the game anyway.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 12:51:09 PM by Pat »

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 11, 2011, 07:30:10 PM »
It was a beautiful day outside; the sun was brightly shining, there was a gentle breeze, and the air was lightly scented from the sweet jasmine flowers growing alongside the cobblestone path outside of townhall.  It was such a nice day in fact, that StrawberryFlower and Omni decided to enjoy some tea and cake outside. 

"Tea sounds like a great idea, Omni!  I've spent the past few weeks worrying, I need to do something lighthearted and fun to take my mind off of all of this," said Strawberry.  "I'll bring some of my famous Strawberry tarts and some peppermint tea from my garden.
"And I'll bake some cookies!  This is the perfect way to take our minds off of all the bad things that have been happening around here," agreed Omni.

With that, the two girls set out a lovely spread of desserts and tea on the little table outside of townhall.  They sat there all afternoon chatting and munching on goodies, and for the first time in a long time they were happy.

"Is there anymore cream for the tea?" asked Strawberry.
"Ah, we're all out!  I'll grab some from my house," said Omni, as she picked up the empty cup and ran next door.

"She's alone now... Let's get her!" came a voice from behind the trees.  With that, a dark figure ran up behind Strawberry and hit her over the head with a wine bottle.  She quickly fell to the ground without a word.  The dark figure ran off in the distance.  Omni returned to the table with a full cup of cream, saw Strawberry laying on the ground and screamed.  She dragged her into the townhall, and then frantically ran off to let the others know what had happened.

Upon her return, Omni had brought several people with her.

"This is terrible!" exclaimed Astragoth.  "I'm telling you, we need to instigate some sort of protection program, or they're going to wipe us all out!"
"I don't want to have to bury another body, I think I'm gonna be sick," said Substance20.
"Wait!!" yelled Davixus... "She's not dead!"

The crowd gasped in disbelief as Strawberry suddenly opened her eyes.  "Wh-wh-what happened?  Where am I?"  As she turned over, Omni noticed for the first time a folded dark handkerchief that had been fixed to her head.  Pulling it back revealed a mix of strong smelling herbs that had stopped the swelling. 

"You're alive!!" Omni cried out, "Someone must have saved you while I went to get the others!"

Strawberry held the handkerchief in her hand.  "But who saved me...?" she asked.  She turned the handkerchief over and saw a very tiny bull embroidered in the corner.  She wondered who the handkerchief belonged to and thought to herself, "Thank-you... whoever you are."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You have until the end of Sunday PST to PM me your votes. Remember, you can't vote for someone unless they've been nominated first (to give them a chance to defend themselves here)... so if you want to vote for someone, you'd better speak up here!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 12:26:53 AM by supershigi »

Strawfairy

• Herbal Medic
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #149 on: August 11, 2011, 07:43:02 PM »
*Whew*

I was worried there for a second! o.o