Author Topic: What Games are You Currently Playing?  (Read 57195 times)

Omni

• Shield Guard
    • View Profile
    • Omni's DeviantArt
Re: What Games are You Currently Playing?
« Reply #645 on: May 20, 2017, 02:50:31 PM »
...though I think I accidentally used an item I might have been supposed to give somebody? Lol it was like a little grape-scented golem doll or something and I accidentally used it and now it's not in my inventory :P

Don't worry.  You'll probably see what it did sooner or later.

EDIT: Oh, if anyone's interested, Talos Principle is on sale for a couple days.

EDITEDIT: I also found this free companion game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/321480/Sigils_of_Elohim/
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 03:10:38 PM by Omni »

Minecraft Server: Craft Pointe - Temporarily Down

BradAric

• Shroom-Trainer (Level 7)
  • Supershigi's Resident Microsoft Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 20, 2017, 05:50:17 PM »
Don't worry.  You'll probably see what it did sooner or later.

Okay good haha, I'll look forward to it ^_^

Omni

• Shield Guard
    • View Profile
    • Omni's DeviantArt
« Reply #647 on: July 06, 2017, 09:16:32 PM »
So I got OneShot in the recent Steam Summer Sale.  I got spoiled on one of the major aspects, and it actually got me more intrigued. XD  I'll refrain from spoiling the same aspects, but I would still recommend it partly for them. =3  (It is something mentioned on its Steam Store page. ~_^)

Anyway, it's an adventure-puzzle game, with some of the puzzles being tricky, but not frustrating (unless maybe you hit a glitch).  It has a dark element (and I don't just mean that the area is dark because of a lack of light), though it didn't strike me as terribly heavy, and it still manages to be very cute and relateable. ^_^  There are some parts that might be disconcerting, though I personally geeked over them.  Also, it actually hit me in the feels.  Not many games have done that!

I ended up finishing it, and the bonus chapter, in a little over a day, including breaks.  (Steam lists my play time as 9 hours.)  It was hard to stop, and even with the breaks I wanted to head back.

So yeah, very sweet game.  Highly recommend it. ^_^

Omni

• Shield Guard
    • View Profile
    • Omni's DeviantArt
« Reply #648 on: July 15, 2017, 02:24:42 PM »
This game is being offered for free for the weekend.  (You get to keep it forever.)  It looks like it might be to my interests, and it's free, so I nabbed it.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/323580/Jotun_Valhalla_Edition/

I also nabbed Antichamber while it was still on daily deal.  It's definitely got some neat and good stuff (not mutually exclusive).  It's also definitely got some mind-bending stuff, so I should warn you that you may get a headache after awhile. ^_^;

Some of the stuff it does feels like a more-extreme version of my poor sense of direction.  So if you've ever been curious what that's like, this game might help. XD

Krystal

• Trained Citizen (Level 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 17, 2017, 01:53:44 PM »
Anyone excited for Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon coming out in November? ^_^ Pokemon Sun/Moon contained one of my favorite stories in a Pokemon game so far!

TRUEfoe

• The 3rd Person
    • View Profile
    • TRUEfoe's Youtube
« Reply #650 on: July 18, 2017, 02:09:17 AM »
Ooh, was Sun / Moon pretty good?  Bought it and never even played it...  TRUEfoe should really get to that!

nicktendowii

• Shroom-Rider (Level 5)
  • Hello Nicktendowii here :)
    • View Profile
    • Nicktendowii's Youtube Channel!
« Reply #651 on: August 29, 2017, 01:56:05 PM »
Ooh, was Sun / Moon pretty good?  Bought it and never even played it...  TRUEfoe should really get to that!

I enjoyed the gameplay in Moon but felt that the story dragged on a bit... too many cut scenes! Just finished it recently. still think it's a great addition to the pokemon series and looking forward to Ultra! :D

Omni

• Shield Guard
    • View Profile
    • Omni's DeviantArt
« Reply #652 on: September 12, 2017, 12:20:56 PM »
I don't normally play M-rated games, but I decided to try out Skyrim during the free weekend.  It seems a lot more mild than I thought; the violence doesn't bug me, and so far, that seems like the main reason for the M.  (The rest of the stuff I read about doesn't sound that bad, either.)  Honestly, if it were a movie, I'd think it'd be PG-13.  (Maybe a high PG-13, but it doesn't seem like it would earn an R.  It's not even rated for language [though there is some - not terribly intense, about what we see in WoW, I think].)  There is a lot of depth to it that I wish you'd see in more T-rated games.  In the end, I ended up getting it.

Though since I've tried it out now, I think I can honestly say that I prefer cartoony graphics.  (All these grays and browns are bleh.  Even a lot of the colors are pretty dull.  And it seems harder to discern what's going on and... I could go on. XD)

In case anyone's wondering, I rolled an Angorian female.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 05:57:37 PM by Omni »

leprous hare

• Elite Citizen (Level 4)
  • Leeble Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 15, 2017, 08:35:15 AM »
I don't normally play M-rated games, but I decided to try out Skyrim during the free weekend.  It seems a lot more mild than I thought; the violence doesn't bug me, and so far, that seems like the main reason for the M.  (The rest of the stuff I read about doesn't sound that bad, either.)  Honestly, if it were a movie, I'd think it'd be PG-13.  (Maybe a high PG-13, but it doesn't seem like it would earn an R.  It's not even rated for language [though there is some - not terribly intense, about what we see in WoW, I think].)  There is a lot of depth to it that I wish you'd see in more T-rated games.  In the end, I ended up getting it.

Though since I've tried it out now, I think I can honestly say that I prefer cartoony graphics.  (All these grays and browns are bleh.  Even a lot of the colors are pretty dull.  And it seems harder to discern what's going on and... I could go on. XD)

In case anyone's wondering, I rolled an Angorian female.

Honestly Skyrim shouldn't be considered an M-rated game. It's only M-rated because there is some blood when you kill stuff, and that's about it. I feel like Bethesda recommended the ESRB to label it M-rated without actually proving why they should, just to be edgy and get more sales. The game IMO can be played by all ages.

PanSola

• Shroom-Rider (Level 5)
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: April 30, 2018, 12:39:52 AM »
Thread Necro!

I've been playing Valkyria Chronicles 4 for the last month-ish.  Since 2 and 3 were for handheld system, in terms of game system 4 resembles the first game the most, which I had enjoyed.  So far 4 feels easier than 1, not sure if Sega was going for a wider player-base appeal or if it's just my familiarity with the game system.

Plot-wise, I'm not quite half-way through the main story, but I feel the pacing is quite a bit off, spending twice as long than is necessary to get to the major "twist of fate" that was already revealed in the official trailer and marketed as part of the backdrop of the story (and therefore not really a plot twist either).  It also felt like the writers for the game weren't paying attention to geography, and tried to sweep things under the rug (and avoid showing things on a worldmap).

Individual characters and moments are interesting though.  I just have to not fret about the bigger picture.

The new unit type, Grenadier, introduces a new tactical dimension without being too overpowered.  The Lancer in contrast feels like it's becoming obsolete, but maybe they'll become more useful later in the game.

tangent: a Nintendo Switch port of the original Valkyria Chronicles is currently in development.

Jankmo-o

• Citizen (Level 2)
  • Video games suck
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #655 on: April 30, 2018, 03:47:43 AM »
I’ve been playing a LOT of PVZ lately lol. I just recently finished PVZ2 (except for the 10 expansion levels for some worlds because no thanks).

There’s also this mod to Paper Mario that I’ve playing lately as well. It’s called “Pro Mode” and it makes the game harder. How much harder you ask? Well it makes even pros like me die...a ton. I might also get around to finishing this challenge I have for TTYD which is to equip 3 Unsimplifiers (requires hacking but whatevs).

Pokémon’s always been fun for me, but you won’t find me in any Pokémon-based communities. I mainly play the 3DS ones nowadays (I have X, OR, Moon, and UM) and am patiently waiting for the Switch Pokémon release. There was even a time I speedran UM (I’ve ran through all my 3DS ones at least once tho) but eventually just stopped doing it. You know a game is long when an “Any%” speedrun is 6 hours.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 03:58:14 AM by Jankmo-o »
Gotta go fast

PexeLukive

• Citizen (Level 2)
  • owo
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: April 30, 2018, 11:59:07 PM »
Recently, I’ve been considering playing Chrono Trigger. Should I? Heard the soundtrack’s really great ^^

Akira

• Trained Citizen (Level 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: May 01, 2018, 08:53:50 AM »
Recently, I’ve been considering playing Chrono Trigger. Should I? Heard the soundtrack’s really great ^^

Yes :D Chrono Trigger has my favorite video game song ever with To Far Away Times: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSgKzZor7k0

I love that song and the game itself because I associate it with the pure happiness from childhood. It's a really wonderful game. The joyous parts of the game are really pure, it has good pacing and art and character design and music and it's just like the best of a whole collection of really excellent SNES RPGs.

I think it holds up? I haven't played through it in a really long time. But I was totally obsessed as a kid! I remember in college playing through it again after playing through Xenosaga because Xenosaga was so dull and left me empty, and after playing Chrono Trigger again being like "Ah okay, this is what a good RPG is like" :D
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 09:07:21 AM by Alzar »

Astragoth

• Tea Leeble
    • View Profile
    • Astra's Blog
« Reply #658 on: May 28, 2018, 02:20:08 PM »
While I still play WoW occasionally, I find it more of a chore than a game these days, so I've been playing / re-playing a lot of other games. I know it's definitely one of those trend games, but I've been really getting into the PvP aspect of Fortnite, since it has a lot of challenges you can complete in-game, and it's a lot more fun playing with friends (aka Squads). You can also get a lot of cool items as you level up too ^_^

There are a few other games I play too, depending on the kind of mood I'm in - I'm replaying Dying Light (a FPS Zombie game with I think a pretty awesome story :D), trying to get all the collectibles, and starting a new game: Cook, Serve, Delicious 2... still getting used to all the key bindings and new modes, etc, but since I've played the first CSD, it's pretty cool seeing all the new additions to no 2 :D

Unnamed

• Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 03, 2018, 03:40:01 PM »
So I got OneShot in the recent Steam Summer Sale.  I got spoiled on one of the major aspects, and it actually got me more intrigued. XD  I'll refrain from spoiling the same aspects, but I would still recommend it partly for them. =3  (It is something mentioned on its Steam Store page. ~_^)

Spoiler for Hiden:
I don't know OneShot, but the only thing I heard is someone mentioning it in parallel to Undertale that playthroughs have permanent consequences (like a Genocide run in Undertale), and that definitely made me interested... so it's on my list.

I also nabbed Antichamber while it was still on daily deal.  It's definitely got some neat and good stuff (not mutually exclusive).  It's also definitely got some mind-bending stuff, so I should warn you that you may get a headache after awhile. ^_^;

Some of the stuff it does feels like a more-extreme version of my poor sense of direction.  So if you've ever been curious what that's like, this game might help. XD

Well, I definitely recommend Antichamber, it really got me hyped the time I played it. Have you finished it since then?

WOW, I'm considering the same, as I just elaborated here.

Recently (half a year ago, but considering the speed at which conversations progress here, probably I can count it as recent) I played Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy. I've had it in my inventory for... quite some time, but I made a deal with the Time Goddess so she's not being mad at me. Lacking a Linux port and being unable to play it even in Wine were really holding me back. Actually, it's a fun game which deconstructs RPG tropes and I highly recommend it. I could go on about why it is likeable, but I'd just grab one thing. Due to the pace of the game, soundtracks are changing rapidly within a level and somehow I found it comical. You quickly go in and out of villages and castles those trigger a soundtrack change. The game has quite an awesome battle theme, but typically you only hear like the first 5-15 seconds of it in-game because you just rush in and strike at the enemy 2-3 times and the fight is over. So you need to find the OST to hear it in its entirety.

! No longer available