Author Topic: Aero Art Contest!  (Read 13230 times)

Farthingale

• +1
    • View Profile
Re: Aero Art Contest!
« Reply #120 on: December 07, 2011, 10:33:20 AM »
I'm just about to go take a look at the full gallery! It was a great idea for a contest, very creative and open-ended. I think the paperart was really something unique. I was actually expecting to see someone do Aero sushi for some reason!

Pat

• Mage Disciple
  • Little guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 07, 2011, 12:42:32 PM »
Wow! That is some amazing work!

I can hardly imagine how tough it was for you to choose...

Congratulations to everyone! Particularly Astragoth for getting a shout-out! (Jeaaaalooous! Makes me wish I entered and did more...but I'm a bit backgroundy, and bad with pressure and dealing with certain things...GLaDOS was right. )

It's a shame I'm not great with art. I was going to do something with Kirby, no doubt. That said, my profile pic is a bit Aero-like anyway! Too bad I didn't draw it.
Or Meat Boy; I don't know why, though. Something like Aero being saved by Meat Boy...

Anyway, well done again! I rambled a bit too much. My bad. I doubt anybody read half of this, anyway.  :P

I wonder what other contests there will be...hopefully something I could enter.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 12:49:21 PM by Pat »
I never forget. I just don't always remember.

small

• Swifthand
    • View Profile
    • A Quiver of Crows
« Reply #122 on: December 07, 2011, 12:49:41 PM »
Good job on putting up the gallery Reives! =)

Oh man, after seeing all of the other art, they're so good! I am truly lucky T_T It's like a test in video game knowledge. I love the Silent Hill 2, Metroid, and the Phoenix Wright one. Professor Yoshi's looks like it can be a professional CD cover. Astragoth did cell shading on the Heavy BY MOUSE which is really impressive! The other doll looks so cute but I have trouble pin-pointing the game....I want to say Castlevania?

Astragoth - I did choose a somewhat obscure video game - the game is called Okami, and it's on the PS2 and Wii. Hahaha XD One time I called my plate creations "bento" and someone blasted me about "how it's not in a box so it's not bento" so I just call it "food art" now. =D

Spellbunny - yeah I did end up eating it, hahaha! I wanted to give it to the boyfriend when it was fresh but he was busy helping his cousin with stuff, so hours later I ate it because I didn't want to risk gifting him with unfresh food. The cheese was tough and dry like jerky!

Pat - you should definitely enter next time. =) I am quite good at "paralysis by analysis" myself, so sometimes you just gotta jump in!

Red - red bell pepper, orange - carrot, yellow - takuan, green - cucumbers, purple - white cheese dyed with red cabbage juice, white - havarti cheese, pink - ham, black - seaweed, red quinoa as base, happiness coins - colored soy paper. I was pretty crazy because I started cutting the seaweed using a pair of huge scissors before realizing that wasn't going to... cut it *rim shot*. =B
Developer and composer for A Quiver of Crows.

Merlandese

• Coffee Leeble
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 07, 2011, 03:09:30 PM »
... I did choose a somewhat obscure video game - the game is called Okami, and it's on the PS2 and Wii.

Obscure, or one of the best video games ever? I choose the latter.

And thanks, Reives! I'm actually glad I didn't have the free time to enter. There's no way I could've beaten those! o: Though my idea was to make Aero a Pikmin! XD Mayeb I still will one day, just for fun.

Pat

• Mage Disciple
  • Little guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 08, 2011, 01:33:55 AM »
"paralysis by analysis"

Hm, I suppose that's something to call it. I suppose that's a goal for us both; then again, you got a lucky random pick; hehe. That said, Okami is indeed awesome...I remember watching my sister play it, and I remember getting lent it; though I never got a chance to play it. Aside from that, I'll try to enter next time.  :)

Also, I forgot to mention, I would like to thank you as well, P. Yoshi. I agree; your artwork is great. I love seeing it everywhere on the forums.
I never forget. I just don't always remember.

DeanDip

• Pumpkin Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 08, 2011, 11:47:22 AM »
Wow!  So many good entries!  I especially loved the spray paint cave story ones.

castlefan1

• Trained Citizen (Level 3)
  • I have no idea
    • View Profile
    • My College Blog
« Reply #126 on: December 08, 2011, 06:45:10 PM »
We need to have a draw Laura Shigihara contest. I already have my entry.

Farthingale

• +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 09, 2011, 09:43:56 AM »
That's a great idea! It would be interesting to see the diversity of styles. But that may be a little embarassing for Laura! I know I would feel a bit spotlit.  ;)

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 06, 2012, 01:43:25 AM »
Yay, the PvZ goodies have arrived!  Now I can send out the prizes^^

small

• Swifthand
    • View Profile
    • A Quiver of Crows
« Reply #129 on: January 06, 2012, 08:45:48 PM »
Omg! Awesome! YESSSS! XD

Farthingale

• +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2012, 02:56:41 PM »
Hooray! :DDD

Astragoth

• Tea Leeble
    • View Profile
    • Astra's Blog
« Reply #131 on: March 06, 2012, 01:00:47 AM »
I must of missed the last replies, but I so can't wait! ^_^ Really hope there's Brain Ooze! *jumps up and down excitedly*

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 13, 2012, 10:39:29 AM »
I just wanted to let everyone know that the contest prizes (as well as the community awards and TRUEfoe's belated care package) have FINALLY been sent out!  So you can expect your goodies in 7-10 days depending on where you are in the world (I'm guessing small will get hers sooner) ^_^ 

I'm really sorry about the delay... a lot of things kept coming up (had to wait for certain items to get sent, wanted to make sure the signed copies for the 3 main winners had signatures from everyone on the team so I waited until Rich came down, problems with my P.O. Box for return address purposes, got really sick last month, etc.)... So I included some fun snacks to apologize, I hope you enjoy!

Spoiler for Goofy post office mishaps:
I had a really crazy time getting the packages actually sent for some reason, too.  First I took them to the mailing center where I normally send things.  I had to find a cart to bring them all in because even though they aren't heavy, the boxes were really tall when stacked up and quite awkward to carry.  After standing in line for a while, the lady told me that I couldn't mail the international packages from there since they weren't an official post office (just the mailing center).  So I mailed the domestic ones, carted the rest of the packages back to the car, and drove to a post office.  When I got to the front of the line there, the lady told me I was using the wrong boxes.  She pointed me towards the right ones, and gave me scissors and packing tape.  I then proceeded to open up all the boxes I'd neatly packaged the night before, fit them into the new boxes, taped them up, rewrote all the addresses on both the boxes and the customs forms, and got back in line.  Thankfully the lady remembered me and eventually pulled me to the front of the line so I could send them.  I felt such relief after I got them sent off!

Thanks again to everyone who submitted art or has been helping out with things around here.  This community has grown into something really cool in the last year, and I'm really happy to have been able to get to know all of you more.  I will try to have more contests (with shorter turnaround times on the prizes) in the near future!

Astragoth

• Tea Leeble
    • View Profile
    • Astra's Blog
« Reply #133 on: May 13, 2012, 11:06:31 AM »
I'm really sorry about the delay... a lot of things kept coming up (had to wait for certain items to get sent, wanted to make sure the signed copies for the 3 main winners had signatures from everyone on the team so I waited until Rich came down, problems with my P.O. Box for return address purposes, got really sick last month, etc.)... So I included some fun snacks to apologize, I hope you enjoy!

You don't have to apologize, sometimes things happen that are out of our control, or being sick (which sucks) :S It's really generous and kind of you to start up a contest where you're sending out prizes in the first place, but even more so when you have had to go through all the post office drama you've just said ^_^ So no need to say sorry, and thanks heaps for taking the time to send all the parcels out as well, hope it wasn't too hectic for you!

Thanks again to everyone who submitted art or has been helping out with things around here.  This community has grown into something really cool in the last year, and I'm really happy to have been able to get to know all of you more.  I will try to have more contests (with shorter turnaround times on the prizes) in the near future!

I agree with this - was showing my aunty the first winner who made the crocheted (?) Aero SMB bear, she couldn't believe someone spent the time making it :D And gonna be looking forward to the next contest too... thanks again Laura - and all the other people who came up with ideas for this one - it was heaps of fun ^_^

small

• Swifthand
    • View Profile
    • A Quiver of Crows
« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2012, 02:53:15 PM »
Oh goodness! Yaaaaay!! *jump jump* Awww, thanks for going through all the trouble to send out the prizes. Thanks for your story. I've never sent a package overseas before, so I had no idea about custom forms (although that makes sense) and all the possible issues that would arise. The snacks are a great idea! I love to eat, so that's great!

Yeah! More contests would be great! And of course, keep working on Melolune. Thank you Laura  :)