Author Topic: The World of Warcraft Thread  (Read 145156 times)

SebastianAurion

• Elite Citizen (Level 4)
  • How can text be personal if everyone can see it?
    • View Profile
Re: The World of Warcraft Thread
« Reply #2250 on: April 18, 2016, 12:49:36 PM »
We has a date for Legion. August 30th!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/legion/

Now, let's see how soon this date gets postponed! \(^o^)/
Something will be here. Eventually.

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: April 20, 2016, 05:10:51 PM »
^Wahhh! Gotta get flying before then, haha! Oh, I just got "Loremaster" today, yay!! Now I just have to do... (checks Cheeve list) every other thing on the Pathfinder list! Haha... Well, at least that's a start :P

Omni

• Shield Guard
    • View Profile
    • Omni's DeviantArt
« Reply #2252 on: May 05, 2016, 03:37:24 PM »
So I queued for my daily Heroic, and when it found a group it wouldn't let me in because there was an encounter in progress.  Waited a minute, and my rewards appeared.  They were in the middle of the last boss.  Easiest daily Heroic ever. XD

EDIT: It's always epic when a fraction of the raid/party can stay alive long enough to beat a tricky boss, even if it takes a few minutes. XD  I was so sure we'd wipe, too.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 12:50:52 PM by Omni »

Minecraft Server: Craft Pointe - Temporarily Down

small

• Swifthand
    • View Profile
    • A Quiver of Crows
« Reply #2253 on: May 06, 2016, 12:11:43 PM »
Omni - hahaha!! That's awesome!  :D Too funny!

So I learned today that Blizz is going to implement some gold sinks....

Primatic Bauble - rainbow toy
Madman's luggage - 34 slot bag
Celestial Calf - unique battle pet (uncageable)
Bloodfang Cocoon - unique spider mount

No, I can't afford the mount.  :(

On a similar note, they will be nerfing gold missions in garrisons in a couple of months (don't know about JC/scribe dailies), so gotta cash in while still able.

There's speculation that Blizz will also nerf gold in cata raids. Any boss you kill in Panda raid gets you 25g-40g or so. Cata raids on 25H, each boss gets you around 125g!

Gotta cash them all!
Developer and composer for A Quiver of Crows.

Omni

• Shield Guard
    • View Profile
    • Omni's DeviantArt
« Reply #2254 on: May 07, 2016, 12:49:55 PM »
I just hit iLvl 700.  Now I can do whatever I need iLvl 700 for.

Minecraft Server: Craft Pointe - Temporarily Down

SebastianAurion

• Elite Citizen (Level 4)
  • How can text be personal if everyone can see it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: May 13, 2016, 06:36:05 AM »

I... uh, I can TOTALLY afford all of that. Haha... yeah......... definitely...........

Also, I'm so sorry for not being around for the past three weeks! For the first two I was busy, and then last Friday my internet went out for the whole week, so I couldn't play then. I guarantee that I will join you guys this Tuesday, even if it kills me!
Something will be here. Eventually.

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: May 16, 2016, 12:55:03 PM »
I need to start writing more quotes down, there were so many good ones from last week. Congrats to everyone for the Giant Eye achievement ^_^/ (I know it's not called that... I just can't for the life of me think of that eyeball guy's name!!)... Alice, you did a great job describing the fight; Astra, thanks for leading us through that maze! Oh wait, his name is Durumu. I just remembered that, haha... Great healing, great tanking, great DPS... and everyone did such a good job calling things out and communicating with one another! I remember that felt super exciting working together like that!

@small: Oh my goodness, haha! It would be so awesome to sneak up behind people with that mount and freak them out (sort of like the spider pets in battlegrounds, haha) XD I'm actually surprised you can't afford it, you're like the mob boss!! Have they released any stats recently about what the highest amount of gold someone has is? (that was a weird sentence, and took me a while to figure out how to write, and it still doesn't look right LOL)

@Omni: Oooh congrats on getting to 700~! What kind of things were you doing to get there? I'm still working on it, haha... I'm like 680-something XD

@SebastianAurion: Yay!! It'll be good to have you back, Wyatt ^_^/ And I totally understand
about the 'being busy' part... I feel like I've been so afk lately due to work.

Astragoth

• Tea Leeble
    • View Profile
    • Astra's Blog
« Reply #2257 on: May 28, 2016, 09:23:04 AM »
Yeh I can't afford all those gold-sink items, and unless that spider can fly, teleport, or swim underwater, or all 3, it's not worth it in my opinion HAHA XD

@ Omni - Congrats for getting to ilvl 700! I'm pretty sure you can do Mythic dungeons more easily, and older-content Heroic / Mythic raids now ^_^

@ Guild - And a MEGA congrats to everyone for getting the annoying Eyeball achievement too! Or as Laura said, the Giant Eye cheeve (I like that better haha)! And I agree, REALLY great coordinated teamwork right there! Durumu didn't stand a snowball's chance in heaven! ^_^

And Alice, thanks for being awesome as usual leading us, you're a great leader I would follow and fight for anywhere! FOR THE ALICE!!!!! hehehehehehe :P

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: June 02, 2016, 12:15:15 AM »
Congrats to everyone who got the Thundering Raider cheeve last night!! You guys were awesome, gaming the system like it was nobody's business, haha! Alice would have been proud. Thanks for including me in the Ritualist killings as well, that was fun^^

Stormey

• Trained Citizen (Level 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: June 05, 2016, 12:35:46 PM »
Just saw this on the wow forums and I thought you all would enjoy it         http://www.foxtrot.com/2016/06/05/theater-rep/         Anyway I got a good laugh from it.

Kawaiidesu

• Trained Citizen (Level 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: June 05, 2016, 02:51:51 PM »
@Ireene Haha, that was a really good one

So I was just wondering, how many of you are interested in raiding in Legion? Alice ask me about raiding in Legion, so I kind of thought about it. And now I'm just seeing how many of us are interested. Let me know. It's really more for us seeing the non LFR version, and having fun. No pressure, no rush for you to level and gear up for the raid, take it slow and enjoy it.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 03:08:35 PM by Kawaiidesu »

small

• Swifthand
    • View Profile
    • A Quiver of Crows
« Reply #2261 on: June 07, 2016, 02:44:48 PM »
@Stormey - haha! That is very cute and clever. =)

Congrats to those with Thunder Raider cheeves! I think Laura, Wyatt, and I still need the Ritualist cheeves, but those guys are easy. Once a Primordius (dead) lockout is obtained, it's just soloing some elite dudes, exiting, resetting the raid, and repeating. We could do those if there aren't a lot of folks on for guild night.

Otherwise, we can start going for SoO cheeves. And/or, now is a good time to do a guild activity (i.e. scavenger hunt, objective Apples to Apples, etc).

@Kawaii - hmmm...I might be interested in raiding after half a year (by then circumstances might even prevent me from doing so). I always lag from content since making gold is top priority, therefore I sell the stuff instead of upgrading myself. Yeah, I'm not good with being a current raider.  ;)

---
On another note, I can afford the spider mount now! Doesn't mean I'll buy it since I can buy 4 or 5 TCG mounts with the gold.

I also got the Oondasta drop, so I'm extremely happy!!! Oondasta has a respawn timer of 2 hours and these days I park my char there while I work on my side, but having 5 characters travel over there...I'd say I've probably shaved off 3 hours of gameplay per week just by getting this mount. I thought the Oon mount is a mini-version of Oon (i.e. raptor with fancy armor), but it is a bloodied eye blue direhorn. Ah well, woot!!! I'd say I've been hunting this for a year now.

kreyg

• Shroom-Trainer (Level 7)
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2262 on: June 11, 2016, 09:47:54 PM »
I saw the Warcraft movie!

Spoiler for Hiden:
I liked it a lot!

I'm not exactly sure what critics are complaining about.  OK, it's not a breakout film that's going to change fantasy film forever.  There's a lot going on, but reading Warcraft lore usually makes my head spin and I found it pretty easy to follow everything that was going on.

I give it a solid 4/5 stars for being a competent and enjoyable film.

Anybody else?

Astragoth

• Tea Leeble
    • View Profile
    • Astra's Blog
« Reply #2263 on: June 12, 2016, 12:19:23 AM »
YAY! Nice Craig ^_^ I hope you really enjoyed it :D

As for seeing it myself, I will when it comes out next Thursday here.... Australia man, they take so long to get things here :S

So yeh, not gonna read that spoiler hehe :D

small

• Swifthand
    • View Profile
    • A Quiver of Crows
« Reply #2264 on: June 16, 2016, 03:18:37 PM »
Chad says he'll watch it with me, but don't know when we'll have time to watch it. Busy busy! =(

Some news for the goblins in the guild in regards to pre-patch:
  • Smuggled sack of gold (converts 50 GR to ~15g) will be removed. Bloody sack of gold (cost 1 savage blood and gives ~50g) remains ...reminder: never sell savage blood for less than 50g on the AH
  • JC daily rewards 250 GR
  • Scribe dailies remains untouched so far
  • Follower ilvl upgrades will sell for 1c, so sell them now!
  • Potion of luck removed (useful for farming Pandaria stuff as well as skyshards for Alani mount)

What does this mean? Sell your follower ilvl upgrades NOW! And those crates you were holding onto because the wardrobe is coming in the prepatch? Open those crates up ~1-2 days before pre-patch, mail those greens to the corresponding alts, and don't touch them until the patch is live with Wardrobe. Equip all your greens, sell them, and you would have optimized the scenario.

Pro-tip:
Spoiler for Hiden:
If you ensure your bags have 1 of each upgrade, then open up the crates, the lack of room will send your gear to the mail. There's a macro that will let you collect the mail quickly with a push of a button. Let me know if you want this macro.

Backstory:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Astra wouldn't listen to me so I wrote a macro that would mail him 1g each time I pressed the button. I wanted to prepare for the case that he would return each 1g mail back to me, so I wrote a macro that would collect each individual mail with a button. I still have to test it with items, but it should work.

Some people have thousands of crates (not me), so that is their plan. Some people have 1,000+ items in the mail. It only shows the first 50, so there can be a delay to access the rest, but it shouldn't get deleted for being overfull.

How do you make money off of GR in the future? You can buy Draenor mats with GR if it's selling for a good price on the AH.
If you have a scribe, you can buy herbs to mill, convert to war paints, and make card of omens for random gambling chance.

Otherwise, anybody have any ideas for the other professions that I have less experience in?

I like how they're removing reasons to go back to the garrison, but I will still be back...unless they remove the garrison hearthstone!