Author Topic: The World of Warcraft Thread  (Read 145153 times)

small

• Swifthand
    • View Profile
    • A Quiver of Crows
Re: The World of Warcraft Thread
« Reply #2295 on: August 09, 2016, 02:45:58 PM »
Coming back after a month hiatus and seeing the wedding mad-libs got me cackling again. Love you guys! XD

The apache blessing kept popping up randomly - Ireene read it, then when we were watching Marco Polo (season 2) on Netflix, it popped up again! And finally, our officiant read it as part of our ceremony.

In any case, this huge patch has gotten me almost as depressed as the patch between Cataclysm -> Pandaria. I was soloing the spirit binder in Mogushan Vaults on Ahmu (my most powerful character) and I DIED. Eikko had trouble soloing Elegon last night. It's very humbling.

Still I like being able to change between specs. This means I'll get a chance to try the specs I've neglected. However, I don't like requiring a resting area to change talents, although I know why they did that. The warlock gave me a flutter of "fun"!

I'll see you guys tonight. Lots of things to talk about. We left Japan last Monday at 11pm (they had a shower at the airport!) but then we landed in Honolulu for 5 hour layover. By the time we got to LA, showered, and into bed, it was Tuesday 2am and with jetlag I could only wake up to do sleepy Tweet.
Developer and composer for A Quiver of Crows.

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: August 15, 2016, 11:45:53 AM »
I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it to last week's guild night, this week has been really hectic! Been trying to finish up extra scenes in Rakuen and my sister is in town for a couple weeks from NY. I'm sad I missed Alice's first time back in a while! I hope you guys had a wonderful time and I look forward to hearing stories about the Japan-trip!

I'm curious how the Demon Hunter stuff is going! I haven't pre-ordered yet, so I'm just assuming everyone is pretty immersed in all that and that Astragoth is dying with excitement and the feeling of fulfilled dreams :)

small

• Swifthand
    • View Profile
    • A Quiver of Crows
« Reply #2297 on: August 15, 2016, 12:56:50 PM »
No probs! I figured something crazy in your schedule was happening.

I purchased the collector's edition (which is practically not pre-ordering, meaning I can't create a DH). So y'know how last week Astra says his brother is in town and he's not sure when he'll be able to make guild night? So basically Ireene, Kan, Rom, Wyatt, and I went and did the new quest + invasions. You should do the new quest when you have a chance - when you login Vol'jin goes "blah blah blah!" and gives you a quest. Do that quest!

For those of you who've only done it on Horde, make sure to do it on your Alliance also, or look up the cutscenes 'cuz it's a small difference but a big deal.

Anyways, so all 5 of us are doing the quest, and in the meantime Astra's hyukking it up on his demon hunter for the whole night (not added into the guild yet), and at the end when most of the folks have gone to bed, I started messaging him: "So you say your bro's back in town from China huh?? More like you're hanging out with your Illidan BRO and neglecting your guildies!" And he said "I forgot it's guild night! =(" Hahaha! Then I mentioned we had a full party anyways and I was giving him a hard time.  :D

Anyways, hope you can make it to guild night this week or some time!  :D

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: August 15, 2016, 03:40:51 PM »
Quote from: small
You should do the new quest when you have a chance - when you login Vol'jin goes "blah blah blah!" and gives you a quest. Do that quest!

Oooh a Vol'jin quest! I will definitely do that :) Is it possible to do without pre-ordering the game?

Anyways, so all 5 of us are doing the quest, and in the meantime Astra's hyukking it up on his demon hunter for the whole night (not added into the guild yet)

It's funny you mention this because now I'm really curious... did Astra tell you about the plans he has for his DH? I was giving him a hard time about it, hahaha

small

• Swifthand
    • View Profile
    • A Quiver of Crows
« Reply #2299 on: August 15, 2016, 05:11:36 PM »
Yes! That quest is totally doable without pre-ordering. Do eeet!

Hmm..Astra's plans about his DH...that it's going to take the place of Astragoth the Warrior? I think that's all I know, hehehe...

Stormey

• Trained Citizen (Level 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: August 15, 2016, 05:59:39 PM »
Hey everyone just wanted to mention that I was able to put a scavenger hunt together if we want to do it on Tuesday.  It shouldn't take too long with teams looking for the various objects and if we want to do something else thats okay too.   How about 9:30 ish  Pacific time.   

Also wanted to say that I am totally loving the invasions and I just found out lower level characters can do them too so I'm super excited to level with them -- course I'll probably die over and over   hahahaha

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: August 15, 2016, 11:08:21 PM »
Quote from: Stormey
Hey everyone just wanted to mention that I was able to put a scavenger hunt together if we want to do it on Tuesday.  It shouldn't take too long with teams looking for the various objects and if we want to do something else thats okay too.   How about 9:30 ish  Pacific time.   

A Stormey-event?? Yayyyyy I'm SO EXCITED!!! I'll be there!

Quote from: Stormey
Also wanted to say that I am totally loving the invasions and I just found out lower level characters can do them too so I'm super excited to level with them -- course I'll probably die over and over   hahahaha

Are invasions kind of like the scenarios from Pandaria?

small

• Swifthand
    • View Profile
    • A Quiver of Crows
« Reply #2302 on: August 16, 2016, 12:25:38 PM »
Scavenger hunt, all right! Except Astra's not allowed. Astra - you've gone and damaged my calm.

That major quest is like LFR but queueing up is friendlier, and the event is much easier than a raid (don't have to learn fights, just go there to kill demons and experience cutscenes). Invasions are like showing up to kill Galleon in a group, but Galleon is broken up into a bunch of mini-demons, a couple of captain demons, wandering around to kill a bunch more demons, and then killing the final demon. Invasions span about 15-25 minutes I think, and grouping isn't necessary.

SebastianAurion

• Elite Citizen (Level 4)
  • How can text be personal if everyone can see it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: August 16, 2016, 02:27:32 PM »
Stormey event, yay! I'm not sure when I'll be home tonight, but hopefully I can make it.

Are invasions kind of like the scenarios from Pandaria?

Noooooope, not at all. It's kinda weird to explain, but the invasions actually happen in specific areas of Azeroth. You can join the invasion at any time by just entering the area, and there is no queue or party that has to be formed; it's just whoever is there. Heck, I flew to one of the dwarven cities that was having an invasion and participated just fine (until some NPC griffin jerk came in and killed me after we won).
Something will be here. Eventually.

Stormey

• Trained Citizen (Level 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: August 16, 2016, 09:42:20 PM »
Here are the items and people that you will need to find

Spoiler for Hiden:
  Things to Find:

1.  5 statues in the same room with bows
2.  A 2-person tree saw
3.  Stuffed dinosaur with button eye.  I need both locations where this is found
4.  Shower/tub with blue fish-covered curtains
5.  3 love seats around a coffee table with a great view
6.  Large trapped insect
7.  Outhouse with either a female dwarf or a male human (lol  I couldn't tell which for sure)
8.  A partially eaten apple on top of a box wrapped and ready to be mailed
9.  A hand on top of a flame
10. 2 pots boiling in the same room -- one with green stuff and one with red
11.  A floating chair
12.  Something that honors Laura's contribution to WOW

People to Find

1.  Who is helping the citizen stuck in the wall?
2.  Who is concerned for your shoes?
3.  Whose name contains a plant and a season?
4.  Who wants to sort papers?
5.  Whose name includes a star wars character and a body part?
6.  Who blames all the trouble on the "last blink"?

small

• Swifthand
    • View Profile
    • A Quiver of Crows
« Reply #2305 on: August 17, 2016, 05:50:13 PM »
Thanks to Stormey for putting together that scavenger hunt! It amazes me how you can find such unique things in the game. Rom was a machine though, finding things that quickly!

Some folks don't have a max Alliance, so here's a video where someone edited the Broken Shore cinematic together, so you get an interesting perspective that you wouldn't've gotten as Horde.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Note: Unlike the Horde, which has a cinematic for Vol'jin, the Alliance does not have a cinematic for Varian yet. They say it's supposed to be released later.
! No longer available

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: August 18, 2016, 04:31:04 PM »
@Stormey: Thank-you so much for putting this event together! It was really fun wandering around Dalaran and seeing all the cool little details they put into the environments. I really liked the gnome that was stuck in the wall (with his behind sticking out in the pet shop aquarium, haha). And I didn't even know there was a sunflower painting! It looked so cool, I want to get one of those, haha :)

@small: Man, that cinematic was so powerful... Even watching it a 2nd time I teared up. Thank-you for sharing that, it does give you a different perspective (the part where Varian says "I knew we couldn't trust her"... ahhh Varian, it wasn't her fault! You don't know what happened to Vol'jin!!)... So moving ;_;

small

• Swifthand
    • View Profile
    • A Quiver of Crows
« Reply #2307 on: August 25, 2016, 11:39:56 AM »
I'm going to try to recall a conversation I had with Astra last night.

Astra: Do you guys happen to have Harrison Jones in your garrison?
*Stormey checks all her characters*
Stormey: No sorry
*I check my character list backwards and find it on Zeiki*
Me: I got him *invite Astragoth to the party* *decline!*
Astra: It's for my DH, sorry should've clarified *logs off/on*

Astra thru b.net: Invite please
Me: Wait
Astra: OK
Me: Zeiki's never met your DH before. She doesn't invite some random person to her garrison.
Astra: HAHAHA
Me: Now if your DH was in the guild...
Astra: I SEE what you're doing
Me: But nope! Who will vouch for him?
Me: The right thing to do would be for Astragoth to introduce the DH to Zeiki, but that's not possible.
Me: So how have they met? See, I can follow lore when I want to!
Astra: They met at the nethershard vendors
Me: Zeiki has not completed the Broken Shore quest and therefore knows not of the vendor you speak of. She has 0 nethershards.
Astra: Because they've completed the Draenor quests
Me: Well yes but at different times and they never partied together to do so
Astra: They met because they are fighting for the horde
Astra: And pledged allegiance to the warchief
Me: Lots of people fight for the horde and pledge allegiance to the warchief. That doesn't mean Zeiki will invite Pimpmastah to her garrison.
Astra: Didn't they raid together on guild night?
Me: That was Ahmu. Ahmu met your DH.
Astra: Then Ahmu introduced the DH to Zeiki.
Me: Well, Ahmu said Zeiki's pet is fat so they're not speaking to each other right now.

I was just giving him a hard time. I invited him to check out Harrison, and later logged on Ahmu, who also had Harrison. Hahaha Astra!  :P

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: August 28, 2016, 05:40:12 PM »
Omg this whole exchange was hilarious, I kept laughing while reading this XD "I can follow lore when I want to" ahaha, nice :) 

Astra: They met because they are fighting for the horde
Astra: And pledged allegiance to the warchief
Me: Lots of people fight for the horde and pledge allegiance to the warchief. That doesn't mean Zeiki will invite Pimpmastah to her garrison.
Astra: Didn't they raid together on guild night?
Me: That was Ahmu. Ahmu met your DH.
Astra: Then Ahmu introduced the DH to Zeiki.
Me: Well, Ahmu said Zeiki's pet is fat so they're not speaking to each other right now.

LOL!!! I am 100% on board with this whole "giving Astra a hard time for not having his DH join the guild" thing XD

small

• Swifthand
    • View Profile
    • A Quiver of Crows
« Reply #2309 on: September 07, 2016, 01:33:28 PM »
I watched this video sooo many times:

! No longer available

Also, the differences between Chinese Wow and not: they censor bones and usually replace them with flour/bread. Makes me wonder if their version of Guldan has a bunch of buns on his back.  :P