Author Topic: The World of Warcraft Thread  (Read 145151 times)

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The World of Warcraft Thread
« Reply #2325 on: November 04, 2016, 05:00:05 PM »
Props for sticking to your schedule, Stacy! It's pretty tough to be disciplined like that about video games, but it sounds like you're doing a great job. What kind of classes are you taking right now?

Quote from: spellbunny
PS - ASTRA ARE YOU GETTING THE NEW ILLIDAN HAND SCULPTED FIGURE!!! OMG

I'm so curious if he's gonna get it or not. He's been talking about it a lot lately. He even used the phrase "drooling and crying with happiness" to describe how he felt when he saw it, hahaha XD

Astragoth

• Tea Leeble
    • View Profile
    • Astra's Blog
« Reply #2326 on: November 05, 2016, 11:44:34 AM »
HAHAHA, you're pretty discliplined Stacy, good on you hehe ^_^ And SUPER congrats on getting all your Shaman Order Hall quests done too! :D

ALSO, I want that ILLIDAN STATUE SO BADLY!! It's pretty pricey though (350 bucks), but if I have a surplus of money to get something like that, I will XD

Yes, I was DEFINITELY drooling and crying with happiness ^_^ It's Illidan after all HAHAHAHA <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ thread - So I've been trying to watch and live tweet stuff from BlizzCon - but due to my own internet problems - as well as problems with the stream itself, I've had to wait for the replay streams and wait till my internet was good to be able to play them :)

Anyway, I'm watching the WoW Legion: What's Next panel right now, and since I wanted to be able to live tweet convention stuff and might not be able to , I'm gonna list all the important stuff I can from the Legion panel (while I'm watching it too! :D), here in the thread :) (Will probably format this better later on hehe)

So here goes.... Astra's Legion Panel Stuff! hehehehe ^_^

I'm going to put all this in a spoiler tag in case you want all this to be a surprise :)

Spoiler for Hiden:
-Patch 7.1.5 - Mists of Pandaria Timewalking: all 6 Pandaria dungeons included scaled for Timewalking, there will be new vanity items, toys, etc.

-The Return of the Brawler's Guild - (Goblins were renovating for 7.0)
---- Dozens of new bosses in Brawler's Guild,
---- 'Rumbles' - chaotic raid battles (new type of battle).... the BG fights are usually a solo experience, and you have crowds spectating that cheer / fight.... but ocasionally, when a player queue's pop, it will sometimes spawn a raid level boss which will pull ALL players who are currently waiting their turn into the arena ALL at once HAHAHA XD.......... Unique group rewards for that, etc.
---- New currency - Brawler's Gold: which you'll be able to earn through ranks, there for encouraging social experience, eg when people buff you, etc - but you can spend this special gold on - for example a graveyeard, so other players can spawn right next to the arena - or predictions on who will win in their next arena battle, etc. (shared benefits)
---- LOTS AND LOTS of new shirts as rewards.... and a basilisk mount ^_^ (there ya go Alice) :D

-Micro-holidays: A holiday, but smaller (lasts a day or so). Examples include: Ahn'Qiraj Rememberance Day (gates of Ahn'Qiraj - a world event in Azeroth - were open for the very first time).... Jan 22nd will be the new date of the mini-holiday, as the Alliance and Horde celebrate the opening of AQ in Silithus to rally forces and gather supplies, exactly like players did in the past.

The more supplies the Alliance or Horde can turn in from each region (North America, Europe, etc), their faction's flag / banner will be shown above the walls of AQ for the remainder of the year until the next AQ Rememberance Day :)

No other rewards, pets, mounts, achievements, etc. Just for fun ^_^

-Micro-Holiday: Volunteer Guard Day: Showing appreciation and respect for the unsung heroes of the Alliance and Horde. eg. Stormwind patrollers, Org guards - who protect our captial cities :)

Saluting these guards will make you appear as one of them, you'll then be able to trade places, and you as a player will be able to patrol the city streets and keep it safe from wrongdoing NPC's, evildoer players, etc.

-Micro-Holiday: Hatching of the Hippogryphs: In the Feralas zone. One day a year. The Feyfeather Hippogryph eggs that are lovingly tendered to will hatch, and the Hippogryphs themselves will fly out to sea.
If you're there on that one day when you witness the eggs hatching, you'll have an adorable little buddy of your own (Pepe-style)... just something neat and different. Won't be a pet or mount btw :)

Other Micro-Holidays are being planned, like an Azeroth Spring Break like holiday, called 'Boat Day'... Blizzard know how much being a warrior of either faction takes its toll on us - like there's always some evil rising up like the Legion, or Deathwing / The Lich King, etc, so Blizzard is coming up with a way of letting us relax on those days ^_^

Patch 7.1.5 - Blade's Edge Arena Update - New art, visuals, kinda like how they updated Nagrand Arena (Outland Nagrand). Built-in ogre announcer :)

Patch 7.1.5 - Class updates: Increasing talent diversity (Blizz wants all talents to feel more useful overall - number changes, OP, or underpowered... Blizz wants to work on all talents  more that way)
                 - Secondary stats: Haste vs. Mastery vs. Crit: Blizz trying to find balance to try and find the middle ground to keep interest in gear items overall regarding secondary stats.
                 - Improving 'feel': Making playing your class's rotation feel simpler - Blizz trying to rectify abilities that might come into contact with each other (dev said this point was pretty vague).
                 - Adding / returning utilities: Hunters and their traps. Survival Hunters might be master of traps, but taking them away from other specced hunters was a mistake. (Elevated spec identity at the expense of class identity).

-Shroud of Concealment ability for Rogues back in Patch 7.1.5

When is Patch 7.1.5? PTR is right after BlizzCon. Will be released publicly asap (Soon TM).

(More to follow in next post!)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 12:17:34 PM by Astragoth »

Astragoth

• Tea Leeble
    • View Profile
    • Astra's Blog
« Reply #2327 on: November 05, 2016, 12:16:43 PM »
More future Legion content! (spoiler tag for those who haven't played Legion yet / don't want to be spoiled)

Spoiler for Hiden:
Patch 7.2: The Tomb of Sargeras! WOOOOHOOOO!!! ^_^

We will return to the site of our greatest failure on the Broken Isles, where we lost our leaders and had to retreat. We've had time to prepare though: levelling, upgrading our artifacts, building our Class Halls, etc.

- Continue the Class Order Campaign!
- New Faction: Armies of Legionfall.... ALL 12 CLASS ORDERS will band together to form this new faction. We will succeed where the Horde and Alliance have failed. We understand the risks, where as the Alliance and Horde can't even put aside their differences. We'll push up from the Shore to the Tomb itself.
- New World Quests: New WQ's on the Broken Shore area itself, to complement the story further.
- Return To The Broken Shore: Build a base, gain a foothold, and plan the assault. Reminiscent of the Isle of Quel'danas in Patch 2.4. Restoring Elven ruins for staging grounds, etc. You'll be able to choose what buildings to have for your base - you'll unlock new rewards, vendors and WQ's - bosses too.
- Patch 7.2: Legion Assaults: Inspired by pre-launch Invasion event. This time around we will be defending other Broken Isle zones and fight back the Legion to keep pressing our advantage on the Broken Shore.

World quests will be disabled for zones that have active invasions - sky be dark, command ships will appear, etc. You'll be completing essentially a different sort of WQ's - taking down Legion lieutenants, like the pre-launch event. These 'world quests' will still count as an Emissary quest, so don't worry :)

Once you've defeated the commander of the invasion (a Target of Opportunity) and after doing enough of the WQ's, you will enter into a 3 player scenario (like Mists), to take out the Legion ships in the skies above. Diff scenarios for each zone. Rewards, etc.

-Patch 7.2: FLYING IS IN!!!!! ^_^ Broken Isles Pathfinder Part 2 will be the last part! ^_^ FLYING ACCOUNT WIDE after you've gotten the achievement! :D

What's even better than flying around the Broken Isles? HAVING YOUR VERY OWN EPIC CLASS MOUNT ! ^_^ The mount will be awarded at the end of your Class Hall campaign at the end of the Broken Shore experience (with the new faction I believe).

-Patch 7.2: New Raid Zone: Tomb of Sargeras: 9 bosses. Descend into the depths of the Tomb (used to be a Temple of Elune), Harness the Pillars of Creation to seal the portal so the Legion can't attack Azeroth.

That's pretty much most of it ^_^

Kaoskitteh

• Citizen (Level 2)
  • Cat with Headphones
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: November 05, 2016, 01:39:43 PM »
Quite the list there (Along with the new Diablo content, that I'm pretty excited for) Looks like there won't be a shortage of content any time soon. I'm especially looking forward to the new raid zone (Though we do still have the Trial of Valor and The Nighthold ahead of us).

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: November 07, 2016, 12:49:20 PM »
I feel so silly - I went to check one of my other emails that I don't check nearly enough, and low and behold, I got a beta key to legion a looooooong time ago >_<

Thank-you for sharing your Blizzcon updates, Astra! And again, I'm sorry you had internet troubles that day! I can imagine that must've been so frustrating. I hope you at least had some "chocolate blocks" left for when you were able to finally watch things!

Omni

• Shield Guard
    • View Profile
    • Omni's DeviantArt
« Reply #2330 on: November 11, 2016, 01:56:26 PM »
Say guys, one of my artifacts has this cool power that works in the overworld, and I was wondering if any other artifacts has anything like it.

So I like to play as a Prot Pally, and every once in awhile, when I'm standing near an NPC, Truthguard (the Prot Pally shield) will glow and its ability (Eye of Tyr - normally used in battle) will pop up very noticeably.
Spoiler for Hiden:

If I talk to the NPC, they usually say something vaguely ominous.
Spoiler for Hiden:

Using the Eye of Tyr ability knocks them down and reveals their true form - a demon.  A battle then starts.
Spoiler for Hiden:

I haven't noticed any good loot from any of these hidden demons (in fact, I usually get grays), but killing this particular guy rewards some amusing dialogue.
Spoiler for Hiden:

(There's one in Dalaran that's an elite - Lord Adder.  It tends to take half the players in town to beat him, and he still mostly drops grays. )

I tried seeing if my other artifacts do this, but they didn't react to the NPC.  If they have similar abilities, I don't know what they are, yet.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this with their artifacts?

Minecraft Server: Craft Pointe - Temporarily Down

Kaoskitteh

• Citizen (Level 2)
  • Cat with Headphones
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: November 11, 2016, 02:03:55 PM »
Quote from: Omni

I play a Feral Druid, and the only hidden power we have involves a movement speed bonus after combat. I do know that one of the Death Knight artifacts allows the player to see visions of Arthas in various areas around the map, who will reward the player with some rather discomforting dialogue.

Omni

• Shield Guard
    • View Profile
    • Omni's DeviantArt
« Reply #2332 on: November 11, 2016, 02:30:59 PM »
Quote from: Omni

I play a Feral Druid, and the only hidden power we have involves a movement speed bonus after combat. I do know that one of the Death Knight artifacts allows the player to see visions of Arthas in various areas around the map, who will reward the player with some rather discomforting dialogue.

Yeah, I kinda figured any other powers would be like easter eggs - I'm guessing that's why these demons only drop grays.

I just noticed that being near one of these hidden demons will bring up this buff:

Looking it up didn't yield much.  Mostly a couple people saying they noticed it and wondering what it was.  So I'm guessing these easter eggs aren't well known.  (I didn't get much info when I looked up Lord Adder, either.)  Might be fun to see what else there is.

EDIT: Found this.

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/legion/artifact-weapons#hidden

Looks like they ARE in fact easter eggs that Bliz is leaving players to discover for themselves.

I've found other info on hidden demons, but mostly just bits and pieces.  One thing I DID find is that Demon Hunters can also unmask demons.  Now I want to go see what I can find and consolidate. >=3
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 03:09:22 PM by Omni »

Stormey

• Trained Citizen (Level 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: November 11, 2016, 03:08:25 PM »
Thanks for all of the updates Astra  it all makes my day  :)  and yeah  I'll be busy for a long time

That is very interesting Omni.  I haven't noticed anything like that with my priest artifacts but then again I don't pay a lot of attention to buffs showing up and stuff like that.  Note to self  pay more attention to the details in the game.  There that should help (I hope).

Lysaea

• Shroom-Rider (Level 5)
  • Chosen Seer of Lystania
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: November 11, 2016, 09:03:14 PM »
I'm a little jelly. I'm glad there's peeps out there getting to play this expansion, even though I am having to sit it out. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Omni

• Shield Guard
    • View Profile
    • Omni's DeviantArt
« Reply #2335 on: November 16, 2016, 02:50:20 AM »
Well, that was interesting.  My Internet connection gave out shortly after we finished Neltharion's Lair - it only just came back. XD  (I've been getting ready for bed in the interim.)  At least it happened after we finished.

Anyway, I had a good time tanking. ^_^  See you next week!

Stormey

• Trained Citizen (Level 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: November 22, 2016, 01:21:48 PM »
I will be traveling to sunny socal tonight and I won't be able to be there for guild night.  I want to wish you all a very wonderful thanksgiving -- even  those from Canada and Australia and other parts of the world as I'm thankful for all of you!!   See ya next week.

Omni

• Shield Guard
    • View Profile
    • Omni's DeviantArt
« Reply #2337 on: November 23, 2016, 01:46:26 AM »
Okay... That's the second time in a row that the Internet has gone out during Guild Night.  (Even the modem would say there was no connection.)  I'm starting to think XFinity has decided to use this time for weekly maintenance.

At least it seems to be toward the end of Guild Night?  (You know, when people might be getting off because it's sleep time, anyway.)

Kaoskitteh

• Citizen (Level 2)
  • Cat with Headphones
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: November 23, 2016, 01:53:33 AM »
Internet problems always seem to happen when you have prior engagements :/ My sympathy.

What are you all doing for guild nights at the moment?

SebastianAurion

• Elite Citizen (Level 4)
  • How can text be personal if everyone can see it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: November 25, 2016, 09:05:20 PM »
Hey all, I'm sorry for my silence and inactivity. Truth is I've actually cancelled my WoW subscription a few weeks ago. Things have been getting busy as of late between getting a new job (though it's only part-time) and working on a project with a friend of mine. Between that and needing to keep an eye on finances, I felt like cancelling the subscription was a good idea; besides, I don't really play nowadays save for Tuesday nights....

Don't worry, though! Whenever I'm able to get a full-time or second part-time job, I'll likely be joining back in. I'll likely hop on Vent whenever I'm able to remember not as busy to say hi, too. :)
Something will be here. Eventually.