Author Topic: Melolune Demo  (Read 5097 times)

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
Melolune Demo
« on: February 06, 2011, 04:58:41 PM »
Hi everyone!  Thanks for stopping by ^_^  If you haven't had a chance to play the Melolune demo yet and you're interested in checking it out, I've put a link to the gameplay video and demo download below:

*Watch the Melolune Gameplay Video Here*

*Download the Game Demo Here*

What is Melolune?
Melolune is an SNES-style jrpg that I've been developing as a hobby for the past few years.  In terms of gameplay, it's similar to something like Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy VI.  There's a big emphasis on story and music.  The full game will have around 60-70 different musical tracks, including a few songs with vocals.  Some of the dungeons have a mechanic where you collect fragments of songs and assemble them in order to gain abilities and progress through the world.  The game isn't quite finished yet (I'm about 90% there), but there is 2-3 hour playable demo available. 

The Story:
Melolune is a story about twin brothers who come from a place where people collect song fragments and put them together in order to keep their world alive.  After a catastrophic event takes the lives of their parents, the twins are separated due to reasons unbeknownst to the player.  You play as one of the twins, after the separation, and after having been adopted by a tribe of small catlike creatures called Leebles.

Sample music from the game:
Traces (Liele's theme)
Eclipse and Starlight
Carya de Mio

Feedback
Since I'm essentially a one-person development team, I always appreciate help (especially with playtesting).  If you'd like to leave feedback, please feel free to start a new topic in the "Technical Discussion" section.  And if you're curious about what kind of feedback I'm looking for/not looking for,  I tried to write a bit about that here.  Thanks so much for your support, it means a lot to me ^_^
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 05:03:19 PM by supershigi »