I have a simple puzzle game titled MegaFillers
. Though I wanted to say goodbye to this game forever, lately I decided to get into Flash game development, and so I learned ActionScript
. Because I'm a beginner, I needed something simple to begin with. That's why I decided to completely reimplement MegaFillers
on Flash platform.
I also did some research on how does the business behind Flash games work, and for several reasons I decided to try to sell the game. The problem is that Flash games are expected to be eye-candies and all to sell. (Many examples prove that if the eye-candy part is OK, the game could even suck...
) The people who reviewed my game so far all suggested that I need art and sound for the game, and I believe them. Well, one thing to know about me is that I'm totally not into graphics, so I'm physically unable to produce the art for the game. Really. As for sound, music... all the same.
Because of this, I'm seeking for collaboration to complete MegaFillers Flash
Here's what I need:Art:
Sound & music:
- User interface: panels, buttons, icons, checkboxes, etc..
- Background: It could be anything. You can use your creativity here! It could be a forest, cute animals, computers, robots, candies, little cartoon girls, anything. The point that it shouldn't distract the player's attention (while still I wouldn't like to have just a pale, unicolor background). I'd prefer to have a darkish theme, like the current background has (see the screenshots below), but if you have better ideas, I'm open! The stage size is 800x600.
- Some kind of logo for the game to appear in the main menu.
- Interface sounds: button press, color change, etc..
- Calming melodies to play in the background.
- Basically, these are levels for the game, and they are pretty easy to produce. Though this could be done by me, I think it's better if different people make up tables, because I think I make boring ones.
- Here is a guide on how to make shaped tables:
Though this guide is originally made for the former open-source Win32 version of MegaFillers, the Flash version uses the berry same file format.
- New shaped tables will be automatically made available for the former desktop version of MegaFillers too.
When the game will be complete, it'll be put on bid for exclusive sponsorship license on FGL
. If the game really sells, of course I'll share a negotiated percent of the revenues with the creative artist and composer who do the art and sound. This doesn't apply for shaped tables, for I won't share revenues for making them, but anyone who makes some will be credited! Just send me a valid .TEXT
file, and that's all. On the other hand, if the game won't sell, I won't be able to pay anyone - please understand this risk. Though I really believe now that this game will get sponsored, so you don't need to worry that much.
Here are some screenshots of MegaFillers Flash
in its current state. As you see, it really needs a visual rework.
Please tell me if you're interested in collaborating, I'd feel honored!
If you'd like to actually try the game, please send me a PM!