Author Topic: Animal Crossing New Leaf  (Read 16406 times)

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf
« Reply #165 on: February 05, 2016, 01:38:10 PM »
Yeeeee~!! Gonna check out your blog now^^

Quote from: Astragoth
I went to the beach the other week with some friends, and brought my DS with me on Sleep Mode, so I could have a chance to get something via StreetPass (it was really busy where I went - shops packed, etc), but nothing... was so bummed, oh well XD

Two things:

1.) There are certain places that occasionally offer DLC if you connect to their wifi. Once connected, you have to visit the post office in your town (talk to Pelly and ask about the gift-thing). McDonald's and Best Buy both do that out here. Because of that, I think there's a higher chance that you can Street Pass random people at those places.

2.) Actually... when I talked about Street Passing w/friends, I meant like, do any of your friends (ones you can meet up with in person) have a 3DS and Animal Crossing? If so, you can both put your 3DS in sleep mode and Street Pass with each other. Each time you Street Pass with the same person, you get a new gift! It's really cute how it happens too... Basically, you go to Main Street and speak with Digby (the dog that is Isabelle's brother). Then he lets you into that home showcase area. Once you've Street Passed with your friend, your friend's character will actually be standing in that area... and if you talk to them, they give you the gift^^ I think you can get something like 10 different items for each consecutive time you Street Pass the same person. It's so cool!!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 01:40:53 PM by supershigi »

Astragoth

• Tea Leeble
    • View Profile
    • Astra's Blog
« Reply #166 on: February 24, 2016, 11:07:06 AM »
1.) There are certain places that occasionally offer DLC if you connect to their wifi.

I've heard somewhere that Nintendo actually shut down all the WiFi servers everywhere for AC:NL, so you can't get any exclusive items from the Post Office anymore, though that's just what I've heard - I don't know if that's a fact, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

2.) Actually... when I talked about Street Passing w/friends, I meant like, do any of your friends (ones you can meet up with in person) have a 3DS and Animal Crossing?

Oooh!!! I didn't know this! XD ^_^ And yes, I do have a friend who plays AC:NL, but I don't really catch up with her that often. The only other person I know who has the game is my bro... too bad he's in China right now HAHAHA :D

But thanks for letting me know about this Laura, I'll have to try it out when I play with someone I know next! ^_^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm doing a... I guess you can call it a 'blog series' of AC:NL called 'Astra's Adventures in Animal Crossing: New Leaf!', ranging from my own town in the game, the different buildings, my villagers that live in my town, etc.

And I've just finished posting the last pictures to the blog post right now, so feel free to read the adventure post if you'd like! :D

You can find Chapter 1 of Astra's Adventures in AC:NL here! http://astragothsblog.blogspot.com.au/2016/02/astrasacnladventuresch1.html

And thanks for reading if you do check it out! ^_^  B)  :balloon:

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 16, 2016, 12:57:12 PM »
Astra, I have a question for you - Do you organize your flowers? I logged into my town recently (for the first time in a while) and as to be expected, the flowers and bamboo were out of CONTROL!! I want to plant the flowers in such a way that they look more appealing... possibly organizing by color, and blocking parts off so they stay more together.

This seems like something you might have already done, so I thought I'd ask if you have any tips :)

Astragoth

• Tea Leeble
    • View Profile
    • Astra's Blog
« Reply #168 on: May 16, 2016, 06:56:06 PM »
Yep, I do actually ^_^ I learned about which colours can make the different hybrid flowers a few weeks ago, so I organised them together to make all the unique ones :) Then I plant fertiliser next to some of the flowers for a better chance at a hybrid.

I only get roses and tulips though, I'm not very fond of the other types of flowers, but that's just me :) But yeh every day, I water the ones I keep organised, and then sell the leftover ones, and the new hybrid flowers I get (if I'm lucky), I'll plant in its own unique spot in my town - for example, purple roses I line up on each side of my house haha ^_^

Anyway, hope that helps! :D

Astragoth

• Tea Leeble
    • View Profile
    • Astra's Blog
« Reply #169 on: June 20, 2016, 07:28:08 PM »
It's the Summer Solstice in my town today! ^_^ (Well, the Southern Hemisphere version :P)

If anyone wants to come check out my town, let me know and I'll open my gates! :D

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 20, 2016, 07:29:12 PM »
^What happens in Summer Solstice? I'd love to come check it out, but for some reason my router has been acting up and I haven't been able to connect to the internet from my 3DS at home for the past couple months... though I might be able to go to a McDonald's or something, haha!

Astragoth

• Tea Leeble
    • View Profile
    • Astra's Blog
« Reply #171 on: June 20, 2016, 07:40:18 PM »
HAHA Laura ^_^ Yeh, I hate wireless connections cause it can get pretty unreliable at times :)

As for Summer Solstice, according to Isabelle when I first logged into New Leaf today, it's one VERY long day. As in, the sun never sets XD

This is going to be VERY interesting :D

But Isabelle said you can get something off her today! And there's some unique Event cutout standees too! SUNFLOWER ONES <3 ^_^

As with all the Events that happen in my town, I clean up my town, help out villagers, etc before I do any of those events... like it's my reward for a job well done HAHA :D

P.S. The sky in my town is VERY blue today. No clouds or anything, it's beautiful :D Weird thing was, yesterday there was a THUNDERSTORM! I didn't even know they were a thing in this game, I loved it :D Just rained all day, so now I'm digging up gyroids XD

Astragoth

• Tea Leeble
    • View Profile
    • Astra's Blog
« Reply #172 on: June 24, 2016, 09:55:27 PM »
Something really sad happened to me when I played New Leaf yesterday haha, and this is gonna sound completely silly, so going to put it in a spoiler tag XD\

Spoiler for Hiden:
So a few days ago, I got told by one of my villagers (think it was Francine), that Lucky - another one of my villagers (who looks like a bandaged Mummy with an Egyptian theme for his house), was going to leave my town on a certain day.

Here's the thing.... I completely forgot to seek out Lucky to get him to stay in my town, since I had a few other things to do in the game, not to mention other stuff on my mind. So I closed down my DS and did some other stuff.

Fast forward to yesterday, and I open up New Leaf and get told by Isabelle that LUCKY IS LEAVING MY TOWN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(
I go to his house and he's packed up all ready to go, I got REALLY sad :( Lucky has been with me ever since I started playing New Leaf back in November, and to completely forget he was leaving, I felt totally bad :S

And then I remembered Time Travel ^_^ For those of you who don't know, you can set your current internal Nintendo 3DS Date and Time to another one by changing it in the System Settings, and since New Leaf is a game that is tied to certain days and months of the real world calendar, this can affect the game itself. I've heard your town gets overgrown with weeds and villagers can leave if you time travel too far back though!

But time travelling back one day in my game is something else entirely - your town barely gets affected. The thing is, I DON'T Time Travel for anything, I love following the whole concept that New Leaf follows the real world calendar, with it's own Events on certain months, etc. Time Travelling is basically cheating, and would make the game not even worth playing for me.

Yet here I was, with Lucky, a villager I've had in my town since I first started playing, and he's about to leave forever just because I forgot to play New Leaf over a few days. No way I was having that.

So I broke my own rule. I cheated. There was no way I was going to let Lucky leave - I wouldn't be sad, I would time travel back ONE day so I could talk to Lucky and tell him not to leave before it was too late!

But somehow, it backfired :( When I changed my 3DS clock back one day, and logged back into New Leaf, Lucky's house had vanished. It was gone forever, and so was Lucky :( I thought I'd finally got the game to bend to my rules, only for it to laugh in my face and make me extra sad :(

I did however get a letter from Lucky, and because I had such a great friendship with him, he gave me his picture before he left ^_^ I'm still so sad that he's gone forever :(

Seeya later Lucky, thanks for being a funny, lazy (that's his personality type XD), Egyptian-mummy-dog! ^_^ <3

Pic below - spoken like a true Lazy villager HAHAHAHAHAHA.... classic Lucky ^_^

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 25, 2016, 11:13:28 PM »
Awww!! I'm sorry Lucky moved away! I totally understand ;_; I actually haven't gone to my town in a while, but I'm sooooo afraid that my favorite residents won't be there when I log on. I already lost Walker once before (and to echo your "silliness"... I was so sad that I wrote a song about it), so I think I'd be very sad if he moved again. I don't want to lose Chops either!

On a happier note... remember how we were talking about all watching a movie together online? I think we should watch the Animal Crossing one!

SuperRoo

• Shroom-Druid (Level 11)
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 26, 2016, 02:24:51 PM »
Yes! Let's all watch it together while we eat cherry pie. :)

Only bummer is the place I watched it before, the link you sent to me, no longer works. Now they say you have to create an account there and log in to watch things. I have tried to find it on YouTube but most people only have it in parts not the full movie.
Bring me a shrubbery!

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 27, 2016, 12:08:49 AM »
Quote from: SuperRoo
Only bummer is the place I watched it before, the link you sent to me, no longer works. Now they say you have to create an account there and log in to watch things. I have tried to find it on YouTube but most people only have it in parts not the full movie.

Oh no!!! That's sad news :( Dean, can you use your powers of movie-finding to find another link for us? Hehehe :)

Astragoth

• Tea Leeble
    • View Profile
    • Astra's Blog
« Reply #176 on: July 10, 2016, 02:22:53 PM »
I'll send the link to you Laura, Aimee and Stacy, via PM, just to be safe ^_^

Also, on a bit of a sadder note, I haven't been playing New Leaf for a while - I'll play every 1 or 2 days out of a week, and the last major thing that happened after Lucky went, was my Plaza Tree grew again! ^_^ (ok, that's a GREAT thing hehehe). This has been happening for a month or so now :)

I just haven't been finding the game that interesting to play now that I've collected most of the items ingame - not all, but enough that I've collected the rarer stuff, though not the rare fish, Gracie furniture, Island items, etc.

I have been playing the game a lot though, so maybe I'm just sick of it for the moment hehe XD
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 03:40:37 PM by Astragoth »

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile

SuperRoo

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 04, 2016, 07:14:31 PM »
WOWOWOWOWOW!
Bring me a shrubbery!

SuperRoo

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 05, 2016, 04:00:30 PM »
I did my update today but haven't played yet. I'm excited to see what is different, but I am curious about the Amiibo because I have the older 3DS that doesn't have the reader on it.
Bring me a shrubbery!