Author Topic: Animal Crossing New Leaf  (Read 16410 times)

Astragoth

• Tea Leeble
    • View Profile
    • Astra's Blog
Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf
« Reply #180 on: November 12, 2016, 01:51:22 PM »
Man, there's so much new stuff in this update, it's insane! The best ever feature, at least to me, is the STORAGE UPGRADE! omg...... so much free space! There's SOOOO much free space I'm crying with happiness I'll have more room to put all my items in :D

I bought an Isabelle Scooter and her Jacket too ^_^ I'm so happy Isabelle is willing to sell her spare Jacket <3

The new Campground is so awesome too! If anything, it's what I thought the Campsite Public Works Project should of been :D

For the Amiibo btw Aimee, I was able to use my Isabelle one on my 3DS, didn't need the Reader or anything - hope that helps :)

A few things they didn't add in the major updates, is you can now sit on rocks, shake trees down WHILE HOLDING A TOOL OMG NO MORE SWITCHING TO YOUR NET QUICKLY TO GRAB TREE BUGS YAY XD ^_^ <3 Lot of other Quality of Life improvements too, pretty sure there's a Reddit page with all the little improvements too :D

We so gotta visit each other towns too! ^_^

Oh btw Laura, it's November! MUSHROOM FURNITURE SEASON! I remember you telling me you were after one particular bit, do you remember which one it was? I'm gonna try and save it for you ^_^

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 16, 2016, 08:01:41 PM »
Quote from: Astragoth
Oh btw Laura, it's November! MUSHROOM FURNITURE SEASON! I remember you telling me you were after one particular bit, do you remember which one it was? I'm gonna try and save it for you ^_^

Ahhhh!! That's right! How long does it last? I am trying to figure out if the reason I missed out on this last year was because I have too many flowers in my town! I bet there just wasn't enough free space... it feels so weird the idea of having to go around removing flowers... but at the same time, I really want to finish that set once and for all, haha!

SuperRoo

• Shroom-Druid (Level 11)
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 17, 2016, 01:21:38 PM »
Quote from: Astragoth

Ahhhh!! That's right! How long does it last? I am trying to figure out if the reason I missed out on this last year was because I have too many flowers in my town! I bet there just wasn't enough free space... it feels so weird the idea of having to go around removing flowers... but at the same time, I really want to finish that set once and for all, haha!

I need to do this too! I keep forgetting to check. I have WAY too many flowers, they get in the way of things.
Bring me a shrubbery!

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 12, 2016, 12:43:45 AM »
Just a random thing I noticed the other day: We were playing Smash Bros for Wii U and there are two Animal Crossing stages. I think it was because it was Saturday night, but in one of them, instead of the usual music, K.K. Slider was playing!

Astragoth

• Tea Leeble
    • View Profile
    • Astra's Blog
« Reply #184 on: December 21, 2016, 05:50:11 PM »
@ Aimee - HAHA same, I had WAY too many flowers in my town. It was kind of sad when I removed them all, cause by then I wanted to 'redo' my town, place Public Work Projects in specific places, etc :) But yeh one day, I'll have heaps of them ^_^ Still trying to get Golden Roses & Tulips, its so hard :S (Gotta wait till flowers are basically wilted, then water them with the golden watering can - it's a chance they'll go gold the next day - but they don't go golden if there's the ah.... forgot what it's called, it's one of the Town Ordinance's where weeds never sprout up and you never have to water anything XD)

@ Laura - That's SO cool when game companies do crossovers with their other games! I know Blizzard does that with their games - ESPECIALLY Heroes of the Storm haha XD Was the music that K.K. was playing a new song just for those levels, or was it from another Animal Crossing game?

SuperRoo

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 22, 2016, 03:11:41 PM »
Just in case you haven't been playing for awhile, be sure to go start up your game! They have a special delivery for you (and some extra Meows too).
Bring me a shrubbery!

Astragoth

• Tea Leeble
    • View Profile
    • Astra's Blog
« Reply #186 on: December 22, 2016, 06:43:19 PM »
Oooh nice! ^_^ I'll check it out :D

I have to login today anyway - Toy Day is tomorrow, and I don't know what all my villagers want for Christmas yet :P

Seriously, I better get Jingle's picture this year HAHAHAHA XD

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 27, 2016, 01:50:16 AM »
Thank-you for the reminder! I need to start playing again... I started up ACNL to do the update (and to make sure Walker hadn't moved out), but I haven't done any of the new things yet! We have a Kapp'n Amiibo here so I'm curious to try it out.

I know that the holidays are a super busy time, but we totally still need to hop on vent and watch the AC movie together (I bet by now that link will have changed again).

Astragoth

• Tea Leeble
    • View Profile
    • Astra's Blog
« Reply #188 on: January 21, 2017, 12:29:58 AM »
Yeh getting some awesome with each new Amiibo card or figurine just makes ACNL even more awesome :D

And yes, I've REALLY gotta try getting the AC Movie working - I made some progress there but never panned out sadly :S But it's on my list of things to do! ^_^

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 22, 2017, 11:13:17 AM »
Okay I have to say: the new update is awesome. Little touches like sitting on rocks (when it happened accidentally I was like "yeeeeeeessssss!!" haha), the new "dailies," storage, and omg the campsite is so cool! I get really excited to check each day for who is hanging out there and what items they have... I get that anticipation feeling all over again! Best of all: SO MUCH MORE FOOD!! The campers seem to often have a lot of tiny food items which is like one of my favorite things ever (pancakes, onigiri, tacos, omg... I don't have enough Meow coupons to get all the things I like haha)

SuperRoo

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 22, 2017, 06:53:22 PM »
I totally meant to open my gate last night and tell you all if you wanted to come get songs or other things. It's been so long since that has happened. Honestly I haven't played much recently, but I do love the new update. :)
Bring me a shrubbery!

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 05, 2017, 09:10:07 PM »
^Aww thanks, Roo! I figured out how to get my 3DS to connect again, so I should be able to go to other towns again! I'm noticing all these little subtle changes with the new patch... I love that now you can interact with things even though you're sitting down. I have a PC Cafe in my Museum, and before you couldn't turn the computers on or off when sitting in a chair... but now you can, and it feels so cool! Such a tiny thing, but makes a big difference :)

Also... how do you guys get your residents to change their furniture around? Is it mainly by sending them gifts? Or do you have to get them to purchase from Re-Tail?

supershigi

• No Yoshi is an Island
  • Royal Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 03, 2017, 01:31:37 PM »
I posted this in another thread as well, but figured I should share it with you guys since Astra mentioned not knowing about it~

If you get the Wii U or 3DS items from fortune cookies in Animal Crossing (the ones you buy with Play Coins from the Nooklings' shop), there are GAMES INSIDE!!! They are both really fun... but the one I got massively addicted to was Puzzle League. I would be playing more of Dessert Island escpae, but I ran out of Play Coins (you need them to play that game)

SuperRoo

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 03, 2017, 05:12:59 PM »
That is so cool! I will need to get more play coins so I can buy cookies. I haven't won very many things when I have gotten them in the past, and I had no idea there were little games inside.
Bring me a shrubbery!

Astragoth

• Tea Leeble
    • View Profile
    • Astra's Blog
« Reply #194 on: April 10, 2017, 12:22:16 PM »
Man, I've gotta start playing New Leaf again :S This is now by far the LONGEST time I haven't played for, since I've been busy with real life stuff, the new WoW expansion, other games, and just stuff in general, so haven't really had much time to play.

That, and I'm not really looking forward to (STILL) reorganising everything into my new storage space - all the stuff I've collected since then is lying all over my town haha XD

Also, I feel terrible as a friend :( I missed Gloria's, and my virtual BESTIE Cheri's!......I don't deserve virtual friends imo :( (Yes, I feel that bad :S)

Having said that, the new minigames via the virtual consoles look great and very fun! :D I'll have to play them sometime when I'm in New Leaf... not to mention get a heck of a lot more Play Coins too! XD ^_^